By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
kitler53 said:
Dgc1808 said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
kitler53 said:
okay, so i just saw the new metal gear trailer...

i think i want to get into this franchise. where's the best place to start? release chronological? seeing as MGS is listed at compatible for vita and the MGS HD collection is too is that a good plan? Should i go for the ps3 HD collection instead? Where do the psp games fit in?

I'm going release order myself, and nen-suer forgot to mention Metal Gear 1 and 2. They are the first two games and if you don't play them, you might get lost when you start with MGS1. If you get the HD collection, you can find them under Snake Eater. Also I actually heard portable ops does have some importance to the story but it's up to you. Maybe if you really get into MGS, then you might want to check it out. Oh, and I'm not sure if Metal Gear 1 and 2 are included on the Vita version but I know it's on the ps3 version.

I can confirm for you guys that they're included. They're in the main menu of MGS3. If you could get the PS3 version of the collection I would recommend that over the Vita version, though. It's cheaper and comes with Peace Walker.

thanks to everyone replying to me!

so is there any reason other than price to go for the ps3 version of the HD collection?  i know getting it for vita (+peacewalker) will cost more but to be honest, money isn't exactly a big deal for me.  i was thinking that with the smaller screen maybe they'll look at bit better on vita.  that and my ps3 backlog is huge while my vita is not.  are controls gimped at all on vita?   either way i'm going to go download MGS1 now.

oh, and do i really need to play MG 1 and 2 first?  i actually started MG waaay back in the day when it was new.  there was a tank i couldn't get past and i eventually gave up.  i don't remember there being much story beyond the parachuting in bit at the very very beginning.

Metal Gear is a lot better in the collection since it's a port of the MSX (Original) version and not the NES (With that parachuting scene).  Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake was never released on NES so this is the only way to play it in English (As in, you need Subsistence).  As far as the port goes, they're identical to the PS2 version  with the added bonus of slow downs.  PS3 version actually employs anti-aliasing and Snake Eater's frame rate is closer to 60fps (Original was 30).  I do suggest playing MGS 1, it's a very nostalgic game and it comes with a few memes.

Around the Network

Here ya go.  This is what a real man's Vita looks like:

I'll probably replace Tomb Raider Legend with FInal Fantasy Vii (low on space at the moment) and I'm hoping I can get Crash Bandicoot 1-3 and Crash Team Racing on the system since copying from the PS3 didn't work with those titles.  Aside from that, I'm satisfied.  Still a few PSP titles that won't work (Mod Nation, Syphon Filter) and I had to delete some stuff to save space (Crash Tag Team Racing, etc) but this is about as good as it's going to get with just 32GB to work with.

And here's the first two Vita screens if anybody wants 'em.  I copied them from youtube.  You can just look up "wallpapers" on youtube for some great wallpapers and use the Vita's screen grab feature (home button + Start button) to get a great pic of anything you see!

here's the video I did the capture from.  right at the end--http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fEX9-LR9tg

d21lewis said:

Here ya go.  This is what a real man's Vita looks like:

I'll probably replace Tomb Raider Legend with FInal Fantasy Vii (low on space at the moment) and I'm hoping I can get Crash Bandicoot 1-3 and Crash Team Racing on the system since copying from the PS3 didn't work with those titles.  Aside from that, I'm satisfied.  Still a few PSP titles that won't work (Mod Nation, Syphon Filter) and I had to delete some stuff to save space (Crash Tag Team Racing, etc) but this is about as good as it's going to get with just 32GB to work with.

And here's the first two Vita screens if anybody wants 'em.  I copied them from youtube.  You can just look up "wallpapers" on youtube for some great wallpapers and use the Vita's screen grab feature (home button + Start button) to get a great pic of anything you see!

here's the video I did the capture from.  right at the end--http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fEX9-LR9tg

but but vita has no games!

damn d2lewis

that's

ugly

:P juuuuuuuuuuuust kidding

looking good..especially the last few. man I should really post my stuff on here too :S Just too lazy to connect the vita to the laptop

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Mmmfishtacos said:

Dude, if Vita gets any more games, d21 will has no money!

Around the Network

horrible quality off cam video of AC Liberations gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kL0CUDv25Y

Gameplay looks very nice and smooth :D

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
damn d2lewis

that's

ugly

looking good..especially the last few. man I should really post my stuff on here too :S Just too lazy to connect the vita to the laptop

lol, then don't just up load them over flikr direct from the vita.

Mmmfishtacos said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
damn d2lewis

that's

ugly

lol, then don't just up load them over flikr direct from the vita.

0_o never thought of that! Good idea Will give it a shot

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

d21lewis said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

be prepared to be broke! lol.

Mmmfishtacos said:
d21lewis said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

be prepared to be broke! lol.

Well, bank accounts are overrated.  I'm already eyeballing Unit 13 and I'll definitely be grabbing Ass Creed Liberation and Call of Duty on day 1.  Going to get that RPG with the awesome graphics (can't remember the name! Lol!), too.  Gotta support the good games when they come out!