By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

Sony needs some real Megaton announcements at TGS this year they better bring it.

Honestly right now it seems Western studious are embracing Vita development more than Japan is and thats the territory the Vita needs more than anywhere

Around the Network
darkknightkryta said:
Unless Hots Shot is getting Cross Play, I think Kaz needs to do some spring cleaning with SCEJ. They've done jack all in the past 6 years and if all they can come up with are some PSN titles, they seriously need to get shut down. Hell they're the ones holding back the firmwares.

They're doing it now. They brought over Allan Becker from Santa Monica; he's the reason we're seeing Puppeteer and Rain. IIRC, Puppeteer was nearly finished years ago, but the team were distracted helping out with the Last Guardian ..

http://www.ps3attitude.com/new/2012/08/rain-puppeteer-idea-japan-studio-allan-becker/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Ps3Attitude+%28PS3+Attitude%29

They are a sign that Allan Becker’s touch is “still very much alive”, according to David Jaffe, creator of God of War and Twisted Metal. Jaffe’s comment comes as part of a TwitLonger post which begins, “Very proud this week of Allan Becker, my former Sony boss and the man who started Sony Santa Monica.”

Jaffe describes him as “instrumental” in kick-starting his career and credits him for spearheading some of Sony’s biggest games, from bringing Gran Turismo 2 to the US to pushing God of War, Flower and Twisted Metal: Black. Becker is now head of Japan Studio “after a very, very successful run as the SM studio head”.

Rain and Puppeteer are the first two titles to come out of the revamped Japan Studio under Becker’s leadership, and Jaffe wanted to give him a shout out, “since the press NEVER covers him (which is prob. how he likes it)”.

Back in February, Sony Worldwide Studio boss Shuhei Yoshida discussed with GameInformer the changes that were happening at Studio Japan and Becker’s role:

“But in terms of the state of the studio in Japan, we have a new head of studio, Allan Becker. He’s been with PlayStation from the beginning. He founded Sony Santa Monica Studio. I asked him to move to Japan to instill his philosophy of making games. He’s also bringing these two different cultures together. He started in April last year as the head of the Japan Studio and has already made a big impact.”

Judging by Puppeteer and Rain, that “big impact” has been Becker championing some of Sony’s most inventive and stylistic games. We’re sure that’s a philosophy we can all get behind.

Ok guys, to those who are going to pick up or planning to get Ragnarok Odyssey, I just found something that's kinda lame about the game play, specifically, how to use skills.

Anyway, since job change has become available, I decided to tryout the different jobs and here's what I found out about skills. To use skills, you're gonna have to do different combo combinations with the weak and strong attack buttons, much like how recent dragonball z games require you to do combos to execute a kamehameha.

For the sword warrior, hammer smith and assassin, this isnt much of an issue since you'll be going in close to attack anyways. But for the hunter and the mage, most if not all of their stronger skills requires you to combo the enemy before they execute and one little mistake would send you to hell as both these classes are physically weak.

What hurts the mage the most is that execution of the skills sometimes take time and before you can go nuke on the swarm of monsters, you'll either be dead or stunned which sucks. The hunter not so much since his/her attacks are fast. The only good news is that when using the strong attack or better named special button, these two can do ranged attacks.

Whats really lame for the hunter is that the normal or weak attack isnt even a ranged attack.. i mean, its a bow and arrow, what the hell?

The cleric on the otherhand has decent defense but not so much hp. they play much like the sword warrior and assassin as you have to go in and hack the enemies to pieces. Though they can block, their much slower than the sword warrior and weaker too. Plus their attack skill combos are a bit slow to execute. But on the good side, this is the only job with a healing skill that can be used to heal everyone, as long as your in range of their skill, which is, to be very accurate, you'll have to be standing next to the cleric :p

Lastly is the hammer smith. Damn, their slow as hell. They walk/run slow and cant block. Even their attacks are slow. To make matters worse, their deffense are just average. Only good thin is that they have lots of HP.

To those expecting to execute skills by way of hot keys or something to that effect on the touch screen, you're out of luck.

Hopefully this gives you guys a better view of how Ragnarok Odyssey plays, since I've been searching everywhere on how to execute skills on the net and couldn't find any sources or faqs. I had to tinker with each job the entire evning and into dawn.

But aside from this, I still think its a great game. But I'm sure that this will put off some gamers, especially those who are planning to use hunters and mages to deliver hell from a distance. Sorry guys, like every other job, the hunter and mage will have to get up close and personal with the monsters.

M.U.G.E.N said:
so something I learned today at VGC

letting you buy two versions of the same game for one price is a bad thing

I really should stop stepping out of this thread. it kills my brain cells. I mean really. THis is the current state of vgci 

I agree, it's scary out there.

M.U.G.E.N said:
Dgc1808 said:
I can't wait to see two really skilled players go 1v1 with Dante and Kratos. Both are mid range melee characters with huge combo potential and some long range options (Dante's Ebony and Ivory meets Kratos' Bow of Apollo).

We can finally get the Dante vs Kratos argument resolved. Lol.

hahah awwww yeah...the ultimate showdown. I think this will be a great match up...in the beta, I LOVE playing as kratos. His move set is so damn diverse. His shield and spear should be a great answer to the brrage of bullets from dante as well. As for air combat, kratos can use his blades to either drag them to you or drag yourself to them (I am pretty sure you can do both)...would be fun to see dante doing an arial attack and kratos trying to drag him down

this game will be insane!

lol thanks leatherhat...this vita brotherhood shall prevail! KZ, Ragnarok, Soul Sacrifice, QForce etc etc. Good co op times ahead

oh and

ok so I'm gonna say this...that environment shown, looks more colorful and vibrant than any kz enviornment to date...including the Kaznan Jungle (worse case scenario it will be a tie with kaznan) 

This, I actually feel like the war is IN a city..makes me think of Tokyo actually..a futuristic version

Wow, KZ looks good. GG must have had PS Vita dev kits for a while now, either taht or GG are very talented, the end result shows.  The setting is very detailed for a hadnheld. Why can't the COD dev do this, the Vita clearly have the ability to show off impressive graphics?

Around the Network
loy310 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Dgc1808 said:
I can't wait to see two really skilled players go 1v1 with Dante and Kratos. Both are mid range melee characters with huge combo potential and some long range options (Dante's Ebony and Ivory meets Kratos' Bow of Apollo).

We can finally get the Dante vs Kratos argument resolved. Lol.

hahah awwww yeah...the ultimate showdown. I think this will be a great match up...in the beta, I LOVE playing as kratos. His move set is so damn diverse. His shield and spear should be a great answer to the brrage of bullets from dante as well. As for air combat, kratos can use his blades to either drag them to you or drag yourself to them (I am pretty sure you can do both)...would be fun to see dante doing an arial attack and kratos trying to drag him down

this game will be insane!

lol thanks leatherhat...this vita brotherhood shall prevail! KZ, Ragnarok, Soul Sacrifice, QForce etc etc. Good co op times ahead

oh and

ok so I'm gonna say this...that environment shown, looks more colorful and vibrant than any kz enviornment to date...including the Kaznan Jungle (worse case scenario it will be a tie with kaznan) 

This, I actually feel like the war is IN a city..makes me think of Tokyo actually..a futuristic version

Wow, KZ looks good. GG must had had PS Vita dev kits for a while now, either taht or GG are very talented, the end result shows.  The setting is very detailed for a hadnheld. Why can't the COD dev do this, the Vita clearly have the ability to show off impressive graphics?

Killzone mercenary has been developed by both Guerrilla Games and Cambridge Studio. I´m really hyped by this... The setting and concept seems very refreshing.

Sal.Paradise said:

They're doing it now. They brought over Allan Becker from Santa Monica; he's the reason we're seeing Puppeteer and Rain. IIRC, Puppeteer was nearly finished years ago, but the team were distracted helping out with the Last Guardian ..

http://www.ps3attitude.com/new/2012/08/rain-puppeteer-idea-japan-studio-allan-becker/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Ps3Attitude+%28PS3+Attitude%29

They are a sign that Allan Becker’s touch is “still very much alive”, according to David Jaffe, creator of God of War and Twisted Metal. Jaffe’s comment comes as part of a TwitLonger post which begins, “Very proud this week of Allan Becker, my former Sony boss and the man who started Sony Santa Monica.”

Jaffe describes him as “instrumental” in kick-starting his career and credits him for spearheading some of Sony’s biggest games, from bringing Gran Turismo 2 to the US to pushing God of War, Flower and Twisted Metal: Black. Becker is now head of Japan Studio “after a very, very successful run as the SM studio head”.

Rain and Puppeteer are the first two titles to come out of the revamped Japan Studio under Becker’s leadership, and Jaffe wanted to give him a shout out, “since the press NEVER covers him (which is prob. how he likes it)”.

Back in February, Sony Worldwide Studio boss Shuhei Yoshida discussed with GameInformer the changes that were happening at Studio Japan and Becker’s role:

“But in terms of the state of the studio in Japan, we have a new head of studio, Allan Becker. He’s been with PlayStation from the beginning. He founded Sony Santa Monica Studio. I asked him to move to Japan to instill his philosophy of making games. He’s also bringing these two different cultures together. He started in April last year as the head of the Japan Studio and has already made a big impact.”

Judging by Puppeteer and Rain, that “big impact” has been Becker championing some of Sony’s most inventive and stylistic games. We’re sure that’s a philosophy we can all get behind.

Doesn't change the fact that all the execs need to get fired!  I mean with the millions they'd save from firing them, they'd be able to keep Liverpool open.

Yep KZ looks friggin amazing...and since Cambridge is behind this I'm expecting a better SP than KZ3!

and sad news today about studio liverpool. I hope there are no mass layoffs and they merge the staff with other studios.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:

and sad news today about studio liverpool. I hope there are no mass layoffs and they merge the staff with other studios.

If SONY keeps on doing that, they'll run out of developers....

BigBig Studios - Little Deviants

Zipper Interactive - Unit 13

Studio Liverpool - Wipeout 2048

Amazing... They close off 3 good studios, and outsource one of 2 great FPS IP's they own to Nihilistic Software.

Pimp3k said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

If SONY keeps on doing that, they'll run out of developers....

BigBig Studios - Little Deviants

Zipper Interactive - Unit 13

Studio Liverpool - Wipeout 2048

Amazing... They close off 3 good studios, and outsource one of 2 great FPS IP's they own to Nihilistic Software.

Sony dosen't  own COD and Nihilistic Software

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share