By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
Runa216 said:
Dgc1808 said:

Just got the SoundShapes platinum! My first Vita plat and my 13th overall.

How hard was it?  I have Sound Shapes, but really don't have the time to play it all till I finish the game reviews I'm working on.  

Scale of 1 to 10? 6-7. The Campaign had 1 or 2 tough spots during the Deadmau5 levels for me but for the most part it was a pleasant breeze. The Deathmode challenges are the bulk of that 7.

A decent few of the Deathmode challanges not only required skill, but also a little look with the random position of the notes that appear which you have to collect. On some attempts, i've had like 8 notes in a row appear almost as far apart one after the other as they could be and it just absorbed so much time going back and forth that there was just no way you would have the time to collect something like 20 of them in 28 seconds. While in other rounds, you might have a moment were you're so lucky as to grab one with a jump, the next one appears right infront of you as you fall forward and you end up grabbing it without even trying. Then the next note is literally 2 steps away from your face. It just saves so much time when that happens once or twice in a single attempt. It's rare that things endup so for or against you but it does happen. And even when things are going really well I still die with a mistake just because of how difficult the level is designed.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Chark said:

Pulled this from here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=146491

PlayStation®Vita

Ratchet & Clank™: QForce from Insomniac Games confirmed for PS Vita

Cross-buy announced for PlayStation®All Stars Battle Royale, Ratchet & Clank: QForce, and Sly Cooper Thieves in Time™

Over 100 PS One classics coming to PS Vita

All-new Killzone™ title coming to PS Vita – Killzone™ Mercenary

All new hardware bundles including LittleBigPlanet™ PlayStation®Vita and PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale

Answers to our questions in bold. Hell yeah.

This news deserves a round hof Hell Yeah!

HELLZ YEAH!!

naruball said:
Haha! Same here. I go to bed at 2 and then wake up at 7 and even though I know I should go back to sleep, I can't help but play Dynasty Worries. At least for a level or two.

Anyway. I recently got a 32gb and I feel incredibly relieved (upgraded from an 8gb one).

Downloaded sound shapes today and it's such an awesome game. I hope it takes off like lbp. It's definitely the kind of game that screams handheld. It also reminds me of Mutant Blobs Attack.

@Runa

I disagree. Graphics are important. Mutant blobs and Rayman have perfect graphics for their genre, but the black ops game def doesn't. i hope it sells well, nonetheless. Has anyone tried the call of duty black ops zombie game on xperia play? tempted to buy it, but don't know if it's any good.

Unlocking characters was one of my favourite parts when I used to play Tekken 3. Never managed to unlock Dr. sth, but even had dreams about it. One of the reasons I never played Tekken 6 on psp was the fact that all the characters were unlocked from the beginning.

Oh! So I'm not alone! Ahahah! :D I can understand you!

Funny thing is... here we have a song that goes "my life makes me lose my sleep...", as many knows, "life" is "vita" in italian... so it sounds like "my Vita makes me lose my sleep". That's what happens to me! Awesome! LOL. Many nights spent playing with that beauty of a console.

Yeah. a 32gb is really useful with a Vita. I got one and I downloaded from the PS Store or transferred from my computer anything I could. Demos, games, movies...

I'm happy to see you like Sound Shapes. It should be my next purchase.

I agree about graphics. They are not the main thing about gaming. But they still have their appeal. Especially on Vita. That OLED deserves something beautiful.

About unlocking... I had the same experience with SSFIV. I had nothing to unlock.... And I felt kinda useless. lol

UnitSmiley said:
Great time to be a Vita owner, and it's definitely a positive message that Sony hasn't given up on the powerhouse device.

I personally don't have one yet (will for sure get one in the future though..looking at you LBP bundle!) but there is already a nice amount of games I want for it, and some announced ones i'm looking forward too even more.

I'm happy to know we will soon have another member of the family. :)

I'm sure you will be happy with it!!

Now if everyone in the world could understand how awesome is having a PS Vita...

Dgc1808 said:
Just got the SoundShapes platinum! My first Vita plat and my 13th overall.

Congrats!!!!!! :)

33 hours of Dokuro... already got Platinum (it was h-a-r-d)... do I stop playing it? NO!!! I love this game. <3

Ok... since I have a thick skin and I love talking (it's my job)... I just posted this in "Why You No Get Vita?" ... (after reading a lot of nonsense).

---------------------------------------

I think there is no real reason to not get it. Except for 1) not having enough time to play (but that's a good reason for ignoring any console). 2) not liking its games (... I still think it's almost impossible not liking any of those games).

Because... for what it offers, the price is very good. I'm not talking about 250. I'm talking about 200 with one game and one memory card. Brand new. Or even cheaper. You just have to do a little research. Who cares about "official prices". Vita is a lot cheaper than 250. Almost everywhere.

Not enough games? What? There are a lot of very interesting games already out and a lot of (apparently) good/great games are coming. Soon. It's not even been six months and Vita already has so many great games. So... the games are there and the price is right.

Every gamer (except for handheld haters) should get one. :)"

End of quote.

I think that helps getting my point. I still think those things I said last time (sales need to grow, more games suited for a handheld), but it's August 16! You can't still say that this console has no games or it's too expensive (at least in Europe! Or USA... it's region free. You can buy a EU Vita if you live in USA. What's the matter?). Come on. And about price... is it so hard looking for deals? I got my Vita on day one and I payed 150 instead of 250. You have to be smart. :)

Someone even said he wants a larger version... omg... I think this takes the prize. lol

Edit: "I have a Vita!" is winning. Nice. I guess. :) "It is too expensive, waiting for Price Drop!" and "Not enough Games." are 2nd and 3rd. Predictable. lol

There is a part of me that wants to support every game that does cross buy even if I didn't plan to get the game. Sorta like NFS never even looked at it but the vita version looks good and if the rumor is true I kinda want to support them for supporting the program. Is that weird?!

On the unlockable chars I never expected it to be in the game with all the fighting game community members working on Allstars. One thing the FGC hates is unlocking chars. I do think that unlocking in the main game would be great though. It's a fun thing to do and more reason to do the story mode. Sadly I don't expect that either tho... hey maybe we should spread the word that fans want that :P

Around the Network

Watching that AC-L game play vid I couldn't help but think about hunting monsters in that swamp. Sigh...why does capcom hate me? Game looks great tho ^^

So I take it Matty that Dokuro is worth importing?

Panama said:

Definitely. Game of the year for me so far. And... I hate puzzles. That says a lot. The amazing platforming side of the game surely helped.

Plus I bought it on eBay at $ 25 plus shipping (21 copies of the game were sold in the last 20 days, I see in this seller's data... there's some love for Dokuro!), multi-language (there's even Italian, yay for me lol), new & sealed. While someone is selling it at $ 94,99. lol......

You would think it's marginal in a game like that, but even the plot gets you involved... it's perfect for its genre.

The only "bad" (?) thing I heard someone say... maybe it's too long. Is that a bad thing? I hate short games that are over in one day. Let's have more long games! Especially if they bring so much fun. It's a game based on levels that sometimes take 20 seconds from start to finish. That helps. It's not boring at all. You can't get bored if one level is over in a minute and you have another new and fresh challenge in front of you. And it brings so much diversity. One level is all about puzzle, another is about fighting, another is about platforming, the next is about running... but be careful or you will get smashed. And the fact that it's composed by "short" levels makes it perfect for a handheld.

Most of the levels are short (when you find the way to solve the puzzles), but there are a lot. So... many things to do. 33 hours is a lot of time for a game that's considered like a PSN title. And I'm not done. I want to have some more boss battles. So much fun...

It has even a nice list of trophies and some are challenging (in a good way). So... you really can't go wrong. This game is a gem.

MattyPeq said:
Panama said:

Definitely. Game of the year for me so far. And... I hate puzzles. That says a lot. The amazing platforming side of the game surely helped.

Plus I bought it on eBay at $ 25 plus shipping (21 copies of the game were sold in the last 20 days, I see in this seller's data... there's some love for Dokuro!), multi-language (there's even Italian, yay for me lol), new & sealed. While someone is selling it at $ 94,99. lol......

You would think it's marginal in a game like that, but even the plot gets you involved... it's perfect for its genre.

The only "bad" (?) thing I heard someone say... maybe it's too long. Is that a bad thing? I hate short games that are over in one day. Let's have more long games! Especially if they bring so much fun. It's a game based on levels that sometimes take 20 seconds from start to finish. That helps. It's not boring at all. You can't get bored if one level is over in a minute and you have another new and fresh challenge in front of you. And it brings so much diversity. One level is all about puzzle, another is about fighting, another is about platforming, the next is about running... but be careful or you will get smashed. And the fact that it's composed by "short" levels makes it perfect for a handheld.

Most of the levels are short (when you find the way to solve the puzzles), but there are a lot. So... many things to do. 33 hours is a lot of time for a game that's considered like a PSN title. And I'm not done. I want to have some more boss battles. So much fun...

It has even a nice list of trophies and some are challenging (in a good way). So... you really can't go wrong. This game is a gem.

Mind linking us to that ebay seller. Cheapest I can find online is $30 at Play-asia.

MattyPeq said:

Ok... since I have a thick skin and I love talking (it's my job)... I just posted this in "Why You No Get Vita?" ... (after reading a lot of nonsense).

I think there is no real reason to not get it. Except for 1) not having enough time to play (but that's a good reason for ignoring any console). 2) not liking its games (... I still think it's almost impossible not liking any of those games).

Because... for what it offers, the price is very good. I'm not talking about 250. I'm talking about 200 with one game and one memory card. Brand new. Or even cheaper. You just have to do a little research. Who cares about "official prices". Vita is a lot cheaper than 250. Almost everywhere.

Not enough games? What? There are a lot of very interesting games already out and a lot of (apparently) good/great games are coming. Soon. It's not even been six months and Vita already has so many great games. So... the games are there and the price is right.

Every gamer (except for handheld haters) should get one. :)"

End of quote.

I think that helps getting my point. I still think those things I said last time (sales need to grow, more games suited for a handheld), but it's August 16! You can't still say that this console has no games or it's too expensive (at least in Europe! Or USA... it's region free. You can buy a EU Vita if you live in USA. What's the matter?). Come on. And about price... is it so hard looking for deals? I got my Vita on day one and I payed 150 instead of 250. You have to be smart. :)

Someone even said he wants a larger version... omg... I think this takes the prize. lol

Edit: "I have a Vita!" is winning. Nice. I guess. :) "It is too expensive, waiting for Price Drop!" and "Not enough Games." are 2nd and 3rd. Predictable. lol

Honestly, many of these people saying that the Vita has no games suited for portable gaming are full of crap. There's plants vs zombies, mutant blob attacks, escape plan, super stardust delta, puddle, sound shapes, star drone, tom blitz, hell, even Gravity rush is suited for short burst of game play as most if not all of the story chapters can be completed in under 30mins each.

They juz hating coz they be assess. you can put all the games in the world on the vita and they'd still say it haz no gaemz!