By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U "Fake" Game Footage Was Really PS360 Footage

"yesterday gave the world its first official look at the all-new Wii U hardware plus (we thought) a glimpse at the graphical capabilities of its next console. As it turns out, the impressive list of upcoming games for the 2012-bound console was just that, a list, with the visuals we saw on screen coming from PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of said titles. Nintendo of America chief Reggie Fils-Aime has confirmed that to be the case in an interview with GameTrailers"

Reggie does clarify that they only used it becasue he thinks the games will atleast look as good on the Wii U

EDIT: LINK (I always forget the link)

Around the Network

hahaha hillarious

Isn't there something fundamentally wrong with that?

I must say that I am a bit relieved though.

Dr.Grass said:
Isn't there something fundamentally wrong with that?

I must say that I am a bit relieved though.

Yea you would think they would have said before hand that the footage was not from the Wii U versions of the games.

Ouch.

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

Around the Network

LOL

It's reasonable. Of course it's only a list, what did you expect? Developers having footage of games that are going to be released on a console more than a year from now? Get real. I guess you could argue that they could have just mentinoned them, rather than showing footage from other platforms, but expecting footage of games running on WiiU this early is absurd (I can't believe I'm actually gonna have to call it that now)

Of course, Ubisoft failed hard at that...

Come join our video game music rumble! Everybody is welcome!

http://forums.ffshrine.org/f63/official-video-game-music-rumble-66118/

We vote on our favorite music from various categories we have created. Currently doing: "Best PS2 Soundtracks". More to come!

LOL well guessed as much...uber ports incoming

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

it just shows how unprepared they were for the conference.

Would it of been better if they merely listed the games that are coming?  I didn't take what they showed, outside of the bird demo, and possibly the Zelda (and other WiiU controller montage) as stuff guaranteed to be coded on the console.  They just showed the games are coming.