By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Go MAVS! Go DIRK!

bugrimmar said:
Kasz216 said:
My money is still on heat in 6.

Yesterday was like a crazy sports movie, unneeded taunting, then the plucky underdogs making the heroic comeback thanks to their injured star?

Pretty awesome... just happened too soon.

Dirk's going to wear out I think.

too soon? teams have been known to lose morale completely after a loss like that. it couldn't have happened at a more opportune time. the mavs needed to win one in miami to have a shot in the series. aside from that, according to nba history, the winner of game 3 goes on to win the series. the mavs winning game 2 like that just gave them a lot of momentum.

Well... there goes that idea.

They needed to win won well early... right now it just feels like the Heat blow past them every game... lay off the break, and it's a matter of seeing if the heat can turn it back on or not when Dallas makes it's comeback.

All three games it's felt like the Heat were the better team... and that the heat were winning the games, and when they lost... they were the reason they lost... not the mavs won it.

That they are slacking off in FINALS games is troublesome and could bite them in the ass... but the mavs aren't the team that will do it.

I expect the Mavs to win the next game.  Then the Heat to win the next two.

The series has gone more or less exactly how i expected.

It's sad too... considering that the Mavs fans when getting killed somehow give better playoff atmosphere then the Heat fans do when they're up. 

What's up with Florida sports fans?  It's the same with Tampa Bay... Marlins I believe had issue drawing when they were good.

They don't seem to care about anything but the Dolphins.

Around the Network

Well... 1 step closer to being exactly spot on.

Injured AND sick.

Dirk is crazy. He deserves it... but deserving a championship doesn't always mean winning one. Look at Dan Marino.

Kasz216 said:

Injured AND sick.

Dirk is crazy. He deserves it... but deserving a championship doesn't always mean winning one. Look at Dan Marino.

either of two things will happen now.

1. the "winner of game 3 wins the championship" streak will end.

2. dallas will lose the next two games.

if dallas wins the next game, i don't see them losing two in a row. too much momentum.

bugrimmar said:
Kasz216 said:

Injured AND sick.

if dallas wins the next game, i don't see them losing two in a row. too much momentum.

I'm hoping for it.  However, I'm not expecting it.

Kasz216 said:
bugrimmar said:
Kasz216 said:

Injured AND sick.

I'm hoping for it.  However, I'm not expecting it.

well at least we've seen lebron unravel into the true choker that he is. 8 points? wade, however, is the main problem in this equation. i hate that guy.

anyway, the game's starting.. GO MAVS!! :O

Around the Network

we gotta bring dirk to the hospital for sure now! that guy is SICK! RAWR 3-2

I hope the Heat lose the championship. Even the Milwaukee bucks can beat the heat.

Well damn. Didn't see that one.

Mav's finally looked like the better team in a game.

Wonder what's wrong with Lebron.  I think that might of been the first forgettable triple double in the history of basketball.

Well the Mavs won...

chris212223 said:
Well the Mavs won...

Yeah... heat were really underwhelming... and their fans got what they deserved.  From everything i've read 30% of the fans were traveling mavs fans!