By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - You guys do it all the time? Well heres my opinon on wii

HappySqurriel said:

Who would have thought that a pimply faced angst filled teenager would prefer the Xbox 360 over the Wii? I guess we’re going to see a thread soon from another teenager who things My Chemical Romance is the greatest band ever and The Beatles are ‘Phuckin Ghey’

I recognise the frustration that many Sony/Microsoft fans must feel because the Xbox 360 and PS3 perfectly appeal to them and no one seems to ‘get it.’ What you fail to realize is you’re not the majority, and you’re no longer the special little snowflake that gets all of the attention; certainly, you will continue to get games developed for you but not at the expense of other (equally important) groups.

I have seen this exact same kind of tantrum dozens of times, after people in a subculture get their deepest darkest desire and their passion becomes mainstream. Punk fans, Rap/Hip-Hop fans, Yoga fans, and pretty much every major trend that has ever existed has claimed that the ‘newbs’ destroyed what was great and pure about their medium.

What people never seem to get is the alternative to this undesirable popularity is stagnation and eventual death … I suspect that some of them would prefer death to popularity.

If thats the case, your talking about a sub-sub-culture, because gameplay was all important in the beginning, and then graphic whores supposedly took over (along with marketing and hype BS). I like pretty graphics like anyone else, but boring is boring, even if it looked good at first.

I think Nintendo is bringing us back to our roots, and the usurpers of the phrase "gamers" dont like it. I am a gamer, I was a gamer, and I will always be so, I enjoy lots of games, even big ol productions with story, but I also want to have fun and that is primary, if I can get more fun out of a smaller dose, thats what I'll enjoy the most.

Around the Network

:/

uggggghhhh!!! that video gave me a headache. (not finished)

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.

Leo, I can't tell if you are desperate for validation, or if you get off on abuse. I don't think there's anyone who's been on this site for more than a week who doesn't know your stance on the Wii and PS3. And what, exactly, is the "it" that "we" guys do "all the time"? Like to some half-wits video rather than express our own opinions? Start a new thread just to say why we dislike a particular system? Desperately cry out for attention?

jlrx said:
HappySqurriel said:

Who would have thought that a pimply faced angst filled teenager would prefer the Xbox 360 over the Wii? I guess we’re going to see a thread soon from another teenager who things My Chemical Romance is the greatest band ever and The Beatles are ‘Phuckin Ghey’

I recognise the frustration that many Sony/Microsoft fans must feel because the Xbox 360 and PS3 perfectly appeal to them and no one seems to ‘get it.’ What you fail to realize is you’re not the majority, and you’re no longer the special little snowflake that gets all of the attention; certainly, you will continue to get games developed for you but not at the expense of other (equally important) groups.

I have seen this exact same kind of tantrum dozens of times, after people in a subculture get their deepest darkest desire and their passion becomes mainstream. Punk fans, Rap/Hip-Hop fans, Yoga fans, and pretty much every major trend that has ever existed has claimed that the ‘newbs’ destroyed what was great and pure about their medium.

What people never seem to get is the alternative to this undesirable popularity is stagnation and eventual death … I suspect that some of them would prefer death to popularity.

If thats the case, your talking about a sub-sub-culture, because gameplay was all important in the beginning, and then graphic whores supposedly took over (along with marketing and hype BS). I like pretty graphics like anyone else, but boring is boring, even if it looked good at first.

I think Nintendo is bringing us back to our roots, and the usurpers of the phrase "gamers" dont like it. I am a gamer, I was a gamer, and I will always be so, I enjoy lots of games, even big ol productions with story, but I also want to have fun and that is primary, if I can get more fun out of a smaller dose, thats what I'll enjoy the most.

Well, that's always the case ...

If you look at music as an example, most genres of music have some popularity when they're new simply because they're new; there is always a certain segment of the population who is tired of what has been done before and is looking for something fresh. Over time a certain (dedicated) segment of the fan base tends to warp the genre to match their personal tastes, which typically destroys its mainstream appeal. Often what pushes the genre back into the mainstream is a return to its roots or a re-imagining of what the genre means.

If you look at certain genre’s early days (punk, rap, hip hop, metal, or whatever) their sound is drastically different than what it has become, but any change away from what it currently is, is seen by the fan base as losing touch with the roots of the genre; which often isn’t true because the genre has already lost touch with its roots.

Around the Network

Leo, I can't tell if you are desperate for validation, or if you get off on abuse. I don't think there's anyone who's been on this site for more than a week who doesn't know your stance on the Wii and PS3. And what, exactly, is the "it" that "we" guys do "all the time"? Like to some half-wits video rather than express our own opinions? Start a new thread just to say why we dislike a particular system? Desperately cry out for attention?

lenardo said:
rofl. HE would make me NOT buy a 360.

I have a 360 and he would make me sell it. (the shame)

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.

I still can't understand why on earth you would want to compare yourself to such an individual. This person is the stereotype of ignorant 360 fanboys completely and that's not a good thing. He recommends Halo 3 and CoD4 multiple times and thats it. As far as we know he only plays those FPS.

He uses extremely childish arguments to discredit the Wii calling Mario 'gay' and in general just swearing every few seconds as if it helps emphasize how truly stupid the Wii is.

Plus as a PS fan I would think you'd be upset at how he brushes aside the PS3 saying that even though he has it, it has no games. Also the point he made about paying, or as he puts it 'wasting', so much money for a game that lasts 6 hours is a point usually brought up against the PS3 not the Wii.

The guy is an idiot who can't put together a coherent argument and therefore resorts to using the f-word and telling people where to shove the wiimote. I highly doubt he'd ever convince anybody to change their mind. The only people that will agree with him are those that did so before ever watching the video. I've met Gamestop clerks that rude and obnoxious who try to push other games/systems upon me and it always results in me walking away with a negative opinion not only on them but usually the product they were pushing.

Also he had it all wrong. You Wii haters have been telling us the Wii is two gamecubes duct taped together but he said it's a Gamecube tied to a PS2... Make up your minds!

Also did anybody keep track to see if he got Bingo or not?

With all the hardware issues one cold argue that $350 is a waste of money for a 360. At least my Wii ill still be playing my party games in a couple years without a trip to the manufacturer.

^ Lol. But they fixed some of the problems.