By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will PS3 hit 2m and pass GC?

PS3 is selling at the same rate as the GC in Japan and that is bad but I still think it will pass it later. If you look at the chart they are selling at the same rate now, before PS3 sold less then GC the same period.

(Damn charts I will update later)

So when do you think PS3 will surpass GC or will it?

My prediction: It will surpass total GC sales in march 2009. (hopefully japanese blockbusters have been released by then MGS4,GT5,FFXIII.). It sold 1.286,035 the first year and that would mean 55% increase in sales.

When do you think the PS3 will hit 2m in Japan?

My prediction: It will hit 2m the second week in march 2008.

Total sales

GC: 4,024,252

PS3 : 1,638,791

Around the Network

Are you trying to start a flame thread?

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

End of February, but it needs games and i don't see any worthwhile games.

Soriku said:
2M? Sure you don't mean 20M?

Erm...April '09.

He's talking about Japanese sales.  I'm not sure what the 2m thing is -- he's not talking about surpassing the GC LTD, he's talking about tracking above the GC at the same time in their respective lives. 

Soriku: Am I that bad making threads? The title destroyed the thread :D

Around the Network

Why are people flaming in here? This is an absolutely valid thread without the intention of starting anything, so if you are not interested, just go and write in other threads!

As for the OP, I think it is very difficult to say when the PS3 will hit 2 million in Japan because I have no clue how it will sell after the holidays. in my opinion, everything from 10k to 50k per week is possible. However, march doesn't sound too bad, I think you could be right with this prediction.

Assuming that the PS3 hits 2m in march, it seems to be a safe bet that it outsells the Cube's LTD sales, but to predict when it will happen is really too difficult for my skills.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

February - march

It should hit 2million in Japan during the first quarter of 08 probably March. And it will definitely beat lifetime GC sales in Japan short of Sony self destructing and that's not gonna happen.

PS3 will pass 2 million in 10-15 weeks and will pass GCN's LTD in japan in around 2 years, around 80-110 weeks

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

2 million by first quarter of '08.