By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: 'NGP Dev Budgets Close To PSP

Sony has hinted at the development budgets of NGP titles, suggesting they fall close to the figures of PSP games.

In a NowGamer interview, Michael Denny, vice president of Sony Worldwide Studios Europe revealed new information regarding budget structures for NGP games.

"Without getting into pricing structures of the games themselves, let me look at the question in terms of that PS3 comparison," Denny explained, "I think the exciting thing about the NGP games is that in terms of performance they’re certainly closer to PS3 performance than PSP performance."

When asked about a price reveal date, Denny replied, "We haven’t set a date for when we are announcing a price."Denny continued, "But in terms of ease of development, and even budgets for games themselves, they’re closer to PSP development than PS3. So I think for developers and consumers alike it’s an exciting mix to develop for NGP."

Good stuff, people have been speculating that the development costs would be similar to the costs of the HD consoles, but as I originally thought (I also apply this the HD consoles) that ease of use, good resource management and talented developers can always make high quality games for a lower development price.

If this stays consistent and games like Uncharted and Wipeout can be made for like 500k, it could only mean good things for the future of the NGP and the amount of support is gets, especially from the smaller developers in Japan and the Western Indie scene (like what we are seeing with Queasy Games).

Edit: DAMN THE WORLD!

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

Duplicate Thread. Locked.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=129524&page=1#

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k