By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - NGP's backwards compatibility unveiled

Sony's NGP will offer full backwards compatibility with the PlayStation Network's library of PSP games, and will offer an optimized experience for each one.

PSP games played with the NGP will be smoothed and upscaled, and the NGP's dual analogue sticks will also be supported.

Sony Bend's Resistance Retribution has been demonstrated working on the NGP, with the second analogue stick now being used to move the character's view in the third person shooter.

PSP games are run via a software emulator within the NGP, and the upscaling can be toggled on and off by the player.

The PSP backwards compatibility seems to mirror the efforts of the PSP Remaster Series, which allow optimized versions of PSP games to run on the PS3.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-02-ngps-backwards-compatibility-unveiled

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Around the Network

Dual analog supported for PSP games, hell yeah!

At first I thought they would just slighty upscale everything.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

That's not bad, but considering the store lacks too much games, it's not much to be happy about.

Xen said:

That's not bad, but considering the store lacks too much games, it's not much to be happy about.

Well, I bought my best psp games on UMD, and only the mediocre ones on PSN, so I agree.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

^ That can easily be remedied, I sure all developers will just do a PSP dump on the store once NGP gets here.. no reason not to really.

Around the Network

NGP just keep looking better and better.

I have MGS: PW and Persona 3 sitting on my PSP, might as well wait for the NGP to play them. I am in no hurry to play them anyway with all the stuff coming out on the PS3!

Xxain said:

^ That can easily be remedied, I sure all developers will just do a PSP dump on the store once NGP gets here.. no reason not to really.

yep this is exactly what I expect to happen as well

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Fantastic Sony.  Only a few key things left to not mess up.....*prays*

Fuck yeah- thats really cool

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype