By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Vgchartz ranking game -- Lost Odyssey!

10.00 no complaints whatsoever; best rpg this gen.

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

Around the Network

It's hard to describe just how good LO is.  You hate to compare it against other JRPG this gen because it seems like while everyone else was trying to do something new, LO decided to do what we know we like and do it very well. 

I haven't played another JRPG this gen that had random battles and turned base combat ( I know a few others did but I didn't get the opportunity to play them).  The funny thing is by sticking to a classic formula LO ended up being the most original JRPG this gen. 

It had many pro's which include:

a perfect turned based combat system

a terrific story

wonderful environments, especially for the beginning of this gen.

long lasting appeal (I finished the story at the 90 hour mark).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The con's of the game was.

Story was a little slow at first

random battles felt a little forced, I would have preferred a blue dragon style.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the end LO ended up being more than the sum of its parts.  Originally hit with some poor reviews I played the game with some reservations waiting for the game to turn sour like many reviews said it would.  But the more I played the more I realized most reviewers probably stopped after about 5 hours.  After all most games have a ten hour story at best, you get a beginning a middle and an end in no time at all.  In LO you don;t even get through the full story of the beginning until at least 20 hours into the game, that just doesn't work with the IGN, Gamespot and 1 up crowd.

If you haven't played LO yet you owe it to yourself to find this game on Amazon or in the used game section.  For 19.99 or less you can play the best JRPG of this gen.

I have one big beef with the game... I chose to go to the big city fist instead of the port city... and 5 mins in the city, i hit a no turning back point..... I still rage ^^ I hate not seeing 100% of my RPGs. (i'm only early disc 4 and this is a masterpiece by all means ^^, may not be perfect, but you do see the special touch of real artists in this canevas)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Hephaestos said:

I have one big beef with the game... I chose to go to the big city fist instead of the port city... and 5 mins in the city, i hit a no turning back point..... I still rage ^^ I hate not seeing 100% of my RPGs. (i'm only early disc 4 and this is a masterpiece by all means ^^, may not be perfect, but you do see the special touch of real artists in this canevas)

Let that be a lesson to you.  Quit going to the wrong place first.

-Maybe you have a legit gripe.  I just can't take your side over Lost Odyssey's side.  Lost Odyssey loves me.  You never did.

The best rpg this gen 10/10.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

Vgchartz score -- 8.76

GamrReview score -- NA

Highest score was 10, lowest was 5

1 yo_john117 7.9

2 leatherhat 8.5

3 Lostplanet22 8.6

4 Blacksaber 8.7

5 dsister 9.2

6 Antabus 9.5

7 Mad55 10

8 hatmoza 9

9 Machina 6

10 I LOVE GIGGS 8

11 d21lewis 9.4

12 lurkerwithnosoul 9

13 BenVTrigger 9.7

14 mibuokami 8.5

15 Grandia 9.8

16 ishiki 7.5

17 Marco 5

18 Fab_GS 8.5

19 enrageorange 8.5

20 trasharmdsister12 9.3

21 ROBOTECHHEAVEN 10

22 MonstaMack 9.2

23 PureDante 10

24 scat398 9.2

25 Aion 10

219/25 = 8.76

8.76 is very respectable for a classic style JRPG which has become a niche genre this gen.

Good job Lost Odyssey you've made me proud

BenVTrigger said:

8.76 is very respectable for a classic style JRPG which has become a niche genre this gen.

Good job Lost Odyssey you've made me proud

Yeah I would say its a very fair score!

I give this game a 8.5 out of 10. 

Pros- graphics are good not great, Story captivates you, Decent amount of side quests to put total game time over the 40 hour mark. 

Cons- Voice acting is underwhelming, which is the only con in my opinion but i could be wrong i haven't played the game sense 2008.