By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony is working on PlayStation 4

I hope the PS4 is coming out in 2013 - 2014.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

PS4 2014 as PS3 continues to be supported until..................................................

Darc Requiem said:

In other shocking news, the Earth orbits the Sun!

Ha! Yeah right...

Hopefully this exposes the misinterpretation of the whole "10-year-plan" thing. Even expecting it to launch in 2014 seems insane to me.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

ethomaz said:

Since PS3 release.

This!

Around the Network

E3 2011 appearance confirmed.

/fanboy

It's pretty common practice in gaming for a company to, at the very least, have some kind of R & D going on for the next system the second the current console hits the market.  So, basically, Nintendo was working on Project Cafe in some capacity the moment the Wii launched.

When they get serious on developing a new console, factor in some timeframes:

The system will have to be largely completed for a year to a year and a half (or so) in order for development teams to craft games for the system.  Prior to that, maybe one or two years (or more?) of solid hardware engineering and firmware programming to get the system assembled.  

This Sony announcement mirrors the ad that was discovered (by either IGN or GameInformer) that hinted Microsoft was hiring for positions related to "hardware development."  If Microsoft and Sony are now beginning in earnest to develop their next systems--they probably won't be out until 2013 at the soonest.  Which sounds just great to me.  If the SNES and PS2 could continue surprising us 5 or 6 years into their cycles, then the Xbox360 and PS3 surely have a lot of surprises yet in store.  

I don't think we've exhausted this generation yet.  Well, maybe the Wii, but not the Xbox360 or PS3.  

Sony did'nt have to confirm,what everybody already knew. lol

Oh My GOD! I can't believe this. I mean, really? Who could've guessed!?

Damn i can't start now hyping for a year for the ps4 reveal :(

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!