By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How many games do you own

Well, I am curious.  I used to be someone who traded-in a lot of my games to buy new ones.  Lately, I have come to my senses.  In the end, the stores always win.  The only place where I can get some of my money's worth is on ebay.  But, I always find myself regretting selling my old games.  So, it's over.  What I buy, I now keep, for better of worse.  And you know what?  This has actually helped me.  I am now much more careful with the games I buy.  I must have the feeling that they are:  cult classics (Deadly Premonition, Metro 2033), immersive and lengthy (Fallout New Vegas, Red Dead Redemption) or simply because I enjoy them enough to play them multiple times (L.A. Noire, Alan Wake).

So, my new collection is still small: 21 games on the xbox 360, 7 games on the PS2 and some Wii.

What about you?  I wonder how many games you guys have as keepers.  What's your collection like?

Thanks for sharing!

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!

Around the Network

about 1300 or well over  2,000 if you count  old c-64  and amiga games.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Physical Copies? Six hundred maybe? 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

mjk45 said:

about 1300 or well over  2,000 if you count  old c-64  and amiga games.

Are you kidding me?  That is an awesome collection.  Wow!  I am not worthy.

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!

I should have about 300-400, last time I counted about 250 but that was a long time ago... I know I bought about ATLEAST 50 more since then.

Wow @ posts above... and I thought I had a large collection... I personally only collect games I like and games that are considerded rare.

All gaming systems, consoles/PC, have thier perks... why fight over preferences? I like Coke and you like Pepsi, that's it, let's not fight over which toy we like best cause that's what they are. Is someone's preference in a toy important or is the relationship between you and your neighbor more important? Answer is obvious, but THE most important thing is your relationship with God almighty. God Bless you in Jesus's name.

I can communicate without talking... I can send a loved one money without actually sending money... and I can commit theft without the product disappearing, the point of theft is the point of theft not one of it's possible symptoms which is the product dissappearing. The thief wants to gain something without paying for it, that's the point of theft, the thief doesn't have to care or anybody else has to care if the product dissappears. The product dissappearing is just a possible symptom of theft. Gifts are sacrfices, in order to give a gift, it has to be a genuine sacrfice/gift, meaning a copy of the game isn't still in your PC. Piracy is theft and/or being a culprit of theft.

Around the Network

800 plus could be over 1000, I'll find out once I finish updating my collection. XD

How do you make good trade money on e-bay?  The seller commisision fees seem like they are too high.  Craiglist seems like the only decent bet to me.  I bought and sold a lot of games last year, but this year I am just going to rent most games at redbox and/or wait for dirt cheap sales, deals of the day etc. 

I currently have 8 games for PS3, 5 games for 360, 10 Wii games, 10 PS2 games, and 13 DS games for a total of 46 games.  I would prune down this collection but most of these games aren't worth enough to bother selling. 

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

I primarly buy used or rent. My collection consists of PS2, Wii, Gamecube, PSP, Xbox, and Xbox 360.I get rid of a lot of games after I beat them.

I'd say my current collection is around 200 games (excluding a ~70 XBLA titles).

Throw in another 50 games or so if you include PC which I rarely play (Steam and GFW).

I haven't completed many, I try to beat a few games a month. Assuming they average 10 hours.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Not many, pretty fussy gamer. My game collection is up to date though so 34

wow i barely have anything compared to you guys, i just have about over 150

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."