By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's reward program is too generous

silicon said:

Well while users get some free games, SONY still benefits from the reward program.

1) It may attract many PS3 users to download content from PSN that they may not have downloaded content otherwise.

2) Little big planet, and Modnation Racers ( PSP ) are games which have a lot of additional content that users can purchase.

3) Giving all users a Free Trial of PSN Plus will increase the awareness of this service and may translate into more PSN plus subscribers.

Plus inFamous has a sequel in a few weeks so giving that out could potentially lead to more sales for the sequel.

Around the Network
legend92(3) said:
silicon said:

Well while users get some free games, SONY still benefits from the reward program.

1) It may attract many PS3 users to download content from PSN that they may not have downloaded content otherwise.

2) Little big planet, and Modnation Racers ( PSP ) are games which have a lot of additional content that users can purchase.

3) Giving all users a Free Trial of PSN Plus will increase the awareness of this service and may translate into more PSN plus subscribers.

Plus inFamous has a sequel in a few weeks so giving that out could potentially lead to more sales for the sequel.

Granted the choice was 'intelligent' - even LBP has a sequel. But I definitely will not have the time to try out new stuff. At least until Uncharted 3.

I have none of those games and never spent a dime on home. What a great deal for me!

if you really want an upcoming game (like infamous), you're still going to buy it, regardless if someone has gave you a few freebies.

sony will have thought about all this.

It's a pretty sweet deal, why don't you just be glad you're getting something after all that happened

Around the Network

If they were new games that were still selling well then I would somewhat agree.  The games being offered are past their prime and Sony has already made its money from them and their sells aren't high anymore so Sony is not loosing much profit.  Also, most people would never have bought these games if they didn't already own them by now.  Their isn't a huge demand for these games anymore.

I think Sony did the right thing but their motive is not solely to make you happy.  This program will give awareness to PSN, try to gather more sales from Infamous 2, try to increase PSN plus subscriptions, and hopefully show people that their arcade titles are good and they should buy more.

The amount of money Sony will loose is negligible and they may end up making a profit from it (simply a possibility).  If they gave us Uncharted 3 for free then I'd call them generous.  As it stands they are doing the minimum amount to satisfy the consumer, which I have no problem with.  Calling them generous is simply weird. 

I think the motive is to make customers happy, seeing how Sony's main concern now would be to win back the trust of the customers. In the end of the day, I am excited about the deal.

InFamous given away, InFamous 2 coming out soon.... nice marketing there Sony

I play PC and PS3. The best of both worlds.

hey guys how do you download those games, the playstation store is still out, am I missing something??

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:

hey guys how do you download those games, the playstation store is still out, am I missing something??

No, lol.  These games will be available once the PS Store is back up.