By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Motion sensing for the 360?

I have no problem with them doing motion sensing. Theft is the heart and soul of creativity. But if it's just an add-on to the existing 360 controller, then at best we can expect a second-rate Sixaxis rather than a second-rate Wiimote. And, well... nobody likes the Sixaxis. If your hands aren't separated and free to move, motion control is pretty damn lame.

Around the Network

The only point of MS adding motion sensing this late in the game, is to able to perfect it for their next generation system. It will not sell well, but this is not such a bad idea.

Jandre02 said:
If the feature works, who cares if its late? Every third-party game that comes to the Wii would come to the 360 as well.

I dont get this "late" thing, since the Wii has been out a little over a year. They don't need motion sensing in every game.

Realistically, the addon for the XBox 360 would get (roughly) no support from any third party publishers ...

If Microsoft pushed really (really) hard with a Wiimote addon they could probably sell 1 to 4 Million of them in the systems life, and third party developers know that they couldn't just port a game from the Wii to the 360 without a lot of graphical upgrades, so the end result would be doubling your development costs to capture a tiny market.

Sorair said:
Microsoft are followers indeed....

On the one hand, I could mention the MS Sidewinder gamepad that had motion sensing ages ago. On the other I could mention that Sony pulled the same shit.

The only point of MS adding motion sensing this late in the game, is to able to perfect it for their next generation system. It will not sell well, but this is not such a bad idea.

It would make a lot of sense for them to get the technology in the marketplace and see what works. You can do all the focus group testing in the world, but it will never quite replicate what sort of feedback you get from putting a product in the marketplace. 

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

rocketpig said:
Meh, I hope they plan this for the next generation of console so it's not some half-baked add-on "feature".

who would do such a thing?

*COUGH PS3 SIXAXIS COUGH COUGH*

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network
sieanr said:
Sorair said:
Microsoft are followers indeed....

On the one hand, I could mention the MS Sidewinder gamepad that had motion sensing ages ago. On the other I could mention that Sony pulled the same shit.

And the SIXAXIS, its been added since day one, something that Microsoft isn't going to do since this WTF! motion sensing controller is an add-on.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Best PS3 CommercialBest Wii Commercial
weezy said:
rocketpig said:
Meh, I hope they plan this for the next generation of console so it's not some half-baked add-on "feature".

who would do such a thing?

*COUGH PS3 SIXAXIS COUGH COUGH*

Its in every single PS3 controller its not an add-on, that you would have to buy.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Best PS3 CommercialBest Wii Commercial