By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your favorite MP game for PS3?

Your favorite MP game

Killzone 3 0 0%

Uncharted 2 1 100.00%

Resistance 2 0 0%

Little Big Planet 0 0%

Little Big Planet 2 0 0%

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 0 0%

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 0 0%

Call of Duty Black Ops 0 0%

Warhawk 0 0%

Total:1
SuperAnthony64 said:
yo_john117 said:
dsage01 said:
yo_john117 said:

Well the only game I've ever played on PSN is Killzone 3 so I have to say that even though I didn't really find it enjoyable.

What do you think lacked about the online. If you want comapare it too a good 360 online game such as Halo and COD.

Well what put me off the most was the lack of a 360 controller. My least favorite thing about the PS3 is the controller, I can't play FPS games on it. If I had my trusty 360 controller I would probably find it much more fun.

Then run to target and grab the ps3 controller that is set up like a 360 controller. Only 20 bucks. No excuse now.

I have it and its a piece of shat...no better then the dualshock controller.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
SuperAnthony64 said:
BenVTrigger said:
yo_john117 said:
dsage01 said:
yo_john117 said:

Well the only game I've ever played on PSN is Killzone 3 so I have to say that even though I didn't really find it enjoyable.

What do you think lacked about the online. If you want comapare it too a good 360 online game such as Halo and COD.

Well what put me off the most was the lack of a 360 controller. My least favorite thing about the PS3 is the controller, I can't play FPS games on it. If I had my trusty 360 controller I would probably find it much more fun.

And the fact that in terms of content it isn't even close to stuff like Halo and Gears.

But don't get me wrong Killzone 3 is a blast but other than COD the PS3 really doesn't have any FPS that can hang with the 360's top shooters, and I don't mean that as a diss to the PS3 its just 360 does shooters the best of any console.

Besides halo what exclusive shooters do they have? I find Resistence 2 a perfect halo substitute. Hell i find R2 the best online shooter on the ps3.

Oh there is this little shooter called Gears of War.  Its pretty good actually.

And sorry Resistance isn't even in the same league as Halo.  Though they are pretty decent, R3 looks really nice. But I don't want to turn this into a 360 games vs PS3 games thread so we'll just leave it there.

"PS3 really doesn't have any FPS" We were talking about FPS not TPS.

BenVTrigger said:
yo_john117 said:
dsage01 said:
yo_john117 said:

And the fact that in terms of content it isn't even close to stuff like Halo and Gears.

But don't get me wrong Killzone 3 is a blast but other than COD the PS3 really doesn't have any FPS that can hang with the 360's top shooters, and I don't mean that as a diss to the PS3 its just 360 does shooters the best of any console.

That's why PS3's Uncharted 2 is the highest rated exclusive shooter this gen? For FPS maybe I love Halo and COD but find COD more better on PS3.

SuperAnthony64 said:
BenVTrigger said:
SuperAnthony64 said:
BenVTrigger said:
yo_john117 said:
dsage01 said:
yo_john117 said:

Besides halo what exclusive shooters do they have? I find Resistence 2 a perfect halo substitute. Hell i find R2 the best online shooter on the ps3.

Oh there is this little shooter called Gears of War.  Its pretty good actually.

And sorry Resistance isn't even in the same league as Halo.  Though they are pretty decent, R3 looks really nice. But I don't want to turn this into a 360 games vs PS3 games thread so we'll just leave it there.

"PS3 really doesn't have any FPS" We were talking about FPS not TPS.

A shooter is a shooter and I didn't say the PS3 does'nt have any FPS.  It has plenty.  What I meant was that it didn't have any shooters that could compete with Halo or Gears of War.  So my bad for specifying FPS but I meant just shooters overall.

Though I do think that the PS3 controller is a big hinderence to shooters, even the difference in COD between the consoles is pretty noticeable when your used to playing with both.  Shooters on the 360 as a whole just feel alot better.

But again like I said I don't want to turn this into PS3 vs 360 so we'll just leave it be.

dsage01 said:
BenVTrigger said:
yo_john117 said:
dsage01 said:
yo_john117 said:

That's why PS3's Uncharted 2 is the highest rated exclusive shooter this gen? For FPS maybe I love Halo and COD but find COD more better on PS3.

Uncharted is not a shooter.  Its an adventure game.  Just because a game has guns in it, in no way makes it a shooter in the strictest sense.

And I could argue that the fans have spoken which franchise is better but again I REALLY don't want to turn this into 360 vs PS3 thread as the PS3 has plenty of great online experiences in its own right.  So I'm gonna go ahead and bounce out of this thread before I feel compelled to post again cause its getting a bit off topic now,

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
dsage01 said:
BenVTrigger said:
yo_john117 said:
dsage01 said:
yo_john117 said:

Uncharted is not a shooter.  Its an adventure game.  Just because a game has guns in it, in no way makes it a shooter in the strictest sense.

And I could argue that the fans have spoken which franchise is better but again I REALLY don't want to turn this into 360 vs PS3 thread as the PS3 has plenty of great online experiences in its own right.  So I'm gonna go ahead and bounce out of this thread before I feel compelled to post again cause its getting a bit off topic now,

The online part is indeed a shooter. You keep saying you arent trying to turn this into a ps3 vs 360 thread but you came out and said the ps3 cant hang with the 360. The only exclusive shooter on the 360 that is great is gears 1.

I agree with BenVTiger. I've enjoyed my 360 much more when it comes to online shooters. Gears, L4D, and Halo are all my favorite online shooters this gen. The only competition is Bad Company 2. Killzone is close but not quite there yet. I hated Uncharted 2's maps, but I loved the gameplay. I think Uncharted 3 will get it right. Warhawk was fun but feels outdated now. So no, as of now, I don't think Ps3 competes with 360 in online shooters. However, after Uncharted 3, Twisted Metal, Starhawk, and MAYBE Resistance 3, then I think the PS3 will be as good as, if not better, than the 360 in the shooter department.

Anyways, back on topic

I'll make a list because you value my opinion:

1. Battlefield: Bad Company 2
2. LittleBigPlanet 2
3. Killzone 3
4. Dead Space 2
5. Warhawk
6. SOCOM: Confrontation
7. Uncharted 2

I'll also list my most anticipated online games because I know you're curious:

1. Battlefield 3
2. Starhawk
3. Twisted Metal
4. Uncharted 3

and yes, Uncharted 2 is a shooter. Espescially the online. It's not JUST a shooter though.

Michael Jordan is a former basketball player. That doesn't mean he's not a former baseball player....

I'm really enjoying crysis 2 right now. I'm really bad at it but its fun.

I love killzone 3 online and even more with the move its so easy to kill people with it it feels like im cheating

Warhawk back when it came out was epic I couldnt stop playing it but now its not as good as it once was

Jay520 said:

and yes, Uncharted 2 is a shooter. Espescially the online. It's not JUST a shooter though.

Michael Jordan is a former basketball player. That doesn't mean he's not a former baseball player....

That's 100% true