By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A good online game for PSN or XBL?

I second Fat Princess.

Crash Commando is a lot of fun too.

Around the Network

Fat Princess. Wonderful game

I'm not sure what you meant when you said: "not games like Call of duty, Killzone, Gran Turismo, GTA or Halo I can get off of PSN or Xbox Live".  Did you mean that you don't want retail games and that you only want downloadable games or did you mean that you don't want FPS's and Racing games?

If you just want downloadable games, go with Battlefield (PSN/XBL), Monday Night Combat (XBL), Contra (XBL), Section 8 (section what!? XBL), Doom or what have you.  In fact, like I always say in threads like this, go to Xbox Live and go to the Xbox Live Arcade.  Look at any game that catches your eye.  There will be pics of the game in the gallery if you want to know what it looks like.  Download the demo since every game will have a demo (many of them, if not most of them, will have an online demo).  You can search by name, genre, high ratings, most downloaded, or whatever.  I can't give too much info on the PSN because I'm mostly a 360 gamer.  I'm sure you can find many games available on the PSN and just play the demo on Xbox Live.  Keep in mind that a TON of the biggest retail games are available for download on Xbox Live, too.  A lot of them are less than $20.

If you're trying to avoid shooters and racers, try Plants vs Zombies (PSN/XBL), Peggle (PSN/XBL), UNO (a camera is a must!! PSN/XBL), Spyglass Board Games (Xbox Live), Fat Princess (PSN), Street Fighter HD Remix (PSN/XBL), and a ton of others.  Again, go to Xbox Live Marketplace.  Demo whatever you want to buy.  Use the gallery to look at videos and pics of the games that interest you.  And again, some of the biggest retail games are available for download.  You'll be stunned by the selection.  Hope you find something you like and I wish I could have helped you find something on the PSN but I mostly use the PSN for PSP games and trailers.  Sorry.

Or, if you don't want to read my long post, just grab Castle Crashers.

dead nations will be free its good i liked it, it does have coop and they have added voice chat i believe there will be DLC for it too

you can also go to game review sites and search all time high scores show only PSN XBL to find way more games

Play Me

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

Or, if you don't want to read my long post, just grab Castle Crashers.

I second this. Castle Crashers is a fun game! And still pretty popular, so finding people online shouldn't be too difficult.

"But I don't want to go among mad people!" said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat. "We're all mad here."

Follow me on Twitter! @stefaniefogel