By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 2 vs. Portal 2

Wagram said:
ssj12 said:

This year will be a tought GOTY. Witcher 2 vs Portal 2... both are epic games in their own rights. I am so glad I am not doing the GOTY PC article. =D

I have a strong feeling that The Witcher 2 will be winning many GoTY awards.

I doubt it PC game generally don't, it will take most of the PC game of the year awords tho. I feel the mainstream choices will be Skyrim, Portal 2, CoD or Battlefeild 3, Uncharted 3, LA Noir, Gears 3 etc and The Witcher 2 will be sadly overlooked as most of the people that vote for such awords aren't PC gamers so they won't even play it.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

I actually just bought myself a somewhat high-end PC because I want to play The Witcher 2. So you can probably guess what my answer would be. The game just looks so awesome. 

P.S.

I also bought the PC for BF3. But that doesn't come out until later.

zarx said:
Wagram said:
ssj12 said:

This year will be a tought GOTY. Witcher 2 vs Portal 2... both are epic games in their own rights. I am so glad I am not doing the GOTY PC article. =D

I doubt it PC game generally don't, it will take most of the PC game of the year awords tho. I feel the mainstream choices will be Skyrim, Portal 2, CoD or Battlefeild 3, Uncharted 3, LA Noir, Gears 3 etc and The Witcher 2 will be sadly overlooked as most of the people that vote for such awords aren't PC gamers so they won't even play it.

That right there is another reason for why you should get The Witcher 2. The developers, cd projekt, seem to want to get their game on consoles but they need the funding and assurance that it will be worth it. If the Witcher 2 on pc does good, they will port it to consoles and make the game even more eligible for GOTY awards. If you want to support the game and the developers, buy the game when it first releases.

pezus said:

Any reviews for the Witcher 2 yet? I don't know if I should preorder it on Steam :|

Get it on gog.com crazy!  It's 44 bucks and comes with crazy amounts of extras, on top of no drm!

20happyballs said:
zarx said:
Wagram said:
ssj12 said:

That right there is another reason for why you should get The Witcher 2. The developers, cd projekt, seem to want to get their game on consoles but they need the funding and assurance that it will be worth it. If the Witcher 2 on pc does good, they will port it to consoles and make the game even more eligible for GOTY awards. If you want to support the game and the developers, buy the game when it first releases.

Projekt Red will not port to console, they already canceled the game for consoles.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
pezus said:
NYANKS said:
pezus said:

Any reviews for the Witcher 2 yet? I don't know if I should preorder it on Steam :|

Get it on gog.com crazy!  It's 44 bucks and comes with crazy amounts of extras, on top of no drm!

More extras than the steam version?

Are you aware that CD Projekt, the developers of The Witcher are also the owners of gog?

OT: If you are still playing the first game I'd go with Portl just to have different experiences. When I play 2 long games of the same genre one after the other, the second usually ends up being not as enjoyable as it should.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

those two games are so different...

I've played Portal 2 and loved it, this is my favourite game of 2011 so far. I've also played the first Witcher and loved it too, so I've just preordered the sequel.

Really, I don't know which one you should get first. Start with Portal 2 maybe, and play it right now, then get the Witcher 2 as soon as possible

pezus said:
JEMC said:
pezus said:
NYANKS said:
pezus said:

More extras than the steam version?

Are you aware that CD Projekt, the developers of The Witcher are also the owners of gog?

OT: If you are still playing the first game I'd go with Portl just to have different experiences. When I play 2 long games of the same genre one after the other, the second usually ends up being not as enjoyable as it should.

Wow, no I didn't know that :o

Well then nou you are wiser.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

ssj12 said:
20happyballs said:
zarx said:
Wagram said:
ssj12 said:

Projekt Red will not port to console, they already canceled the game for consoles.

Um. Where did you hear that because it is not definitive. They still have not ruled out the possibility and have even said that they will try to port it to consoles.

20happyballs said:
ssj12 said:
20happyballs said:

Um. Where did you hear that because it is not definitive. They still have not ruled out the possibility and have even said that they will try to port it to consoles.

Well they canceled the all at once launch they were going to originally do, and canceled porting the first game. It really doesnt look promising that they will restart porting from PC to the consoles. And if they do, it will be on the 360.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453