By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DMC4 for ps3 has goodies that the 360 version does not...

...including an optional HDD install that removes all load times, and uncompressed LCP 5.1 surround sound. The ps3 version will also come with PSN features, and though it doesn't mention it, I'm sure the 360 version will make use of XBL.

From ps3fanboy.com:

You may not like Capcom for porting the former PS3-exclusive Devil May Cry 4 to the Xbox 360. But, can you take comfort in knowing that the PS3 version is still superior than its 360 counterpart? If you watched this episode of The 1UP Show, you would've heard the 1UP editors agree that the PS3 version looks and plays better than the 360 version. In addition, a new issue of Famitsu reveals some features that are sure to make PS3 owners quite happy.

An optional hard drive install will supposedly remove all load times from the game. But, be warned -- it's quite a hefty install at nearly 5GB. Not only will load times be shortened on the PS3, but audiophiles will be glad to hear that the PS3 version also includes 5.1 LPCM audio. There's also support for the PSN, although how exactly it will work is still unclear. Regardless, it makes us glad to see the PS3 version of DMC4 get extra functionality.

Around the Network

woo 5 gigs worth by removing load times my goodness

uncompressed audio! we all can tell the difference between comperessed and uncompressed!

Lol

not that much, they are just trying to please some fans because of making it multi

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

The uncompressed audio is nice to have, but it won't make a difference except to very few people (you need a good quality setup and ears to notice it). The HDD installation feature is great though.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I was expecting more. Oh well, it's still good news for PS3 owners.

Lost tears of Kain said:

uncompressed audio! we all can tell the difference between comperessed and uncompressed!

Lol

not that much, they are just trying to please some fans because of making it multi

Oh wait, but its still superior to the X360 version right?

Around the Network

It may not be that much, but it never hurt anyone...well except 20gb ps3 owners, thats 25% of their hard drive just to shorten load times. Even for the 80gb ps3 thats a whopping 6.25% just for some shorter load times. I'd just wait the extra 10 seconds or whatever it may amount to and keep the space on my HD.

Uncompressed audio seriously?!? Dude thank god LOL, audio in video games has been driving me nuts lately XD, it's crippling my Unreal III experience ><. That's actually really good news for me, I guess the HDD is ok... always good I suppose. Awesome news :)

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

S-L-I-P said:
Lost tears of Kain said:

Lol

Yes, as are other 360 games to ps3 that look better and have better load times it goes around like that

im just sick of all the comparing

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Lost tears of Kain said:
S-L-I-P said:
Lost tears of Kain said:

Lol

Yes, as are other 360 games to ps3 that look better and have better load times it goes around like that

im just sick of all the comparing

See I actually like all the comparing, it's helped me sort out which game developers to support XD, but seriously earlier ports were TERRIBLE!, It's nice to see some people not only doing a great job with it, but using the extra space for SOMETHING. I personally love uncompressed audio XD, not a necessary feature, but nice to know they put it there.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

muffdiver11 said:
It may not be that much, but it never hurt anyone...well except 20gb ps3 owners, thats 25% of their hard drive just to shorten load times. Even for the 80gb ps3 thats a whopping 6.25% just for some shorter load times. I'd just wait the extra 10 seconds or whatever it may amount to and keep the space on my HD.

you are blowing this way out of proportion, the data can be deleted.

you can play through DMC4 without load times to sweeten the experience and reduce frustration, then delete it after, simple.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags?