By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft nearing $7 Billion purchase of Skype

Why when Microsoft buy stuff it's a Monopoly, but it's ok for Google, Activision, & EA to buy everyone an their mom

Around the Network
EyeAmTJ said:

Why when Microsoft buy stuff it's a Monopoly, but it's ok for Google, Activision, & EA to buy everyone an their mom

Because it's cool to hate on Microsoft... plus it's a well known fact that Google and Apple shit gold.

skype is pretty worthless alone. Pretty sure they're in debt.

On the other hand, being owned by MS could create new opportunities.

already switched to ooVoo.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:

already switched to ooVoo.

Hahaha, you win 8.5 million internetz good sir.

Around the Network
Potable_Toe said:
EyeAmTJ said:

Because it's cool to hate on Microsoft... plus it's a well known fact that Google and Apple shit gold.

Google's products are open source, and free, AND FUNCTION CORRECTLY. Seriously I'd rather download AIM than use WIndows Live.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Microsoft are following me!

I ditched MSN a couple of months ago, because their servers couldn't keep up with the backlog and messages were getting lost (sometimes without notice. It would appear that friends were ignoring me, or I was ignoring them). I went to Skype after that. I just hope that Microsoft don't run the server backlog for Skype to the same level as MSN messenger.

Potable_Toe said:

P.S. I mention LG because they and Microsoft had a bit of a partnership going at WP7 launch with numerous free and exclusive apps on LG WP7's. But that may well have been put to one side in favour of their 'monumental' partnership deal with Nokia more recently, I must confess however that I haven't kept myself 'clued up' as of late on WP7 developements.

I see what you mean with Zune, but what peaked my interest was, the bolded. 
HTC have that many free apps etc, but if there is one company that MS is closest to in the mobile land (besides nokia) is Samsung or perhaps dell. Check the history between them, for example Ms and Samsung have a cross patenting agreement I think its called. Those are essentially the same company with one favouring hardware the other software

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Potable_Toe said:
EyeAmTJ said:

I actually reckon this was MS getting in before google, this way Windows phone 7 gets skype and apple still gets full support from it.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

ssj12 said:
Potable_Toe said:
EyeAmTJ said:

Google's products are open source, and free, AND FUNCTION CORRECTLY. Seriously I'd rather download AIM than use WIndows Live.

true enough about Google products, and that is why I dont necessarily dislike them as a company but I do dislike how many people believe they can do no wrong and treat them as 'the little guy'... I do however greately dislike Apple. I just don't personally understand where much of this 'Microsoft are big bad' sentiment comes from, as from my experience they have always provided a solid service which holds true for all my friends too.

@ AussieGecko I was just going by my admittedly limited knowledge of Microsoft partnerships in the telecommunications business, although I had noticed that many of Microsoft demonstrations involve a Samsung TV or Phone etc...