By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Game Studios Family recruits for another new first party studio

Shadowblind said:
epicberserk said:
spammythesmartone said:
Jazz2K said:
spammythesmartone said:
Jazz2K said:

Well of course it's unproven, it's still new and the second wave of games haven't released yet. I understand that praising games for Kinect that we didn't see anything yet is useless because they can end up pretty bad that's true. But the same can be said for downplaying it, they can end up being really good. 

Look, did Uncharted 2 released in the first year of the PS3? No...  it takes time and knowledge to craft good games and Kinect hasn't been out a year yet... let it go man, stop the hate and at least wait for E3!

Move is even newer and proven to work, kinect's been out for over half a year so no it should be proven by now if it can work

How is it newer if it was released before and is almost a copy of a controller already out for 5 years.

you mean like kinect is a copy of the eye toy for ps2 which released in 2003

dude get off the thread if your comparing that sayin move is better in tech then kinect your just showing your ignorance and kinect has tech that the eye toy never had so get a life dude

I don't want to alarm you, but you're arguing with a guy with 47 posts who likely has another account here with over 5,000 posts. Kinda pointless.

r u talkin to me?

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
mendozahotness said:
BenVTrigger said:

So basically thats 3 new 1st party studios created or heavily expanded in the past 2 weeks?

Not quite.

MGS Vancouver has been going at least 15 months, they only went public last week.

MGS London has been about for at least as long and rolled out SKY player on Xbox 360 and are now expanding into games development, much like how GoodScience Games (formerly Spawnpoint Studios) used to simply deal with Microsofts interest in Gears of War and Shadow Complex and now they make games (Kinect Adventures)

But this one appears to be new.

The Vancouver studio, is it confirmed to be working on a core non-Kinect game or was it a "core Kinect" game?

core kinect game for xbox360 kinect and others which prolly mean next console

My prays have been heard! :D

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Seece said:
BenVTrigger said:

So basically thats 3 new 1st party studios created or heavily expanded in the past 2 weeks?

Sounds like MS is getting very serious about investing and expanding their internal games development, which is awesome news for gamers everywhere!

Wow, didn't even hear about the London studio.

Can only mean more games though! Keep up the good work MS

Yes in 2013 or 2014 if they are in the process of forming them in half of 2011.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

LordMatrix said:

My prays have been heard! :D

yes i think alot of ours have haha , i just dont get why microsoft named this internal studio mgs family come on couldnt they thought of a better name then that

Around the Network

What pisses me off is that Ms waited this fucking long to realize consoles need first  party exclusives!!

Arg,If these assholes would have realized this 2 years ago, we would have had the games already!!! o_O

Lyrikalstylez said:

What pisses me off is that Ms waited this fucking long to realize consoles need first  party exclusives!!

Arg,If these assholes would have realized this 2 years ago, we would have had the games already!!! o_O

I don't think they put up these studios only to have first party exclusives but to develop for Kinect. Kinect needs dedicated development and that's what they'll be tasked to. I also believe that they need to prepare for the next gen.

BenVTrigger said:

Sounds like MS is getting very serious about investing and expanding their internal games development, which is awesome news for gamers everywhere!

Awesome news for everyone or just kinect? We'll find out at E3 possibly.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
BenVTrigger said:

yes e3 coming ... 3 weeks remaining woo but :( damn direct tv dont get g4 channel no more

epicberserk said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
BenVTrigger said:

yes e3 coming ... 3 weeks remaining woo but :( damn direct tv dont get g4 channel no more

Use the website. They air it live.