By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Vgchartz ranking game--Red Dead Redemption

non-gravity said:
yo_john117 said:

I'm almost certain RDR will get above a 9 which is a very good score.

I have the score at 181.7/22=8.26 so far.

Not counting the scores of 2 and 3 it is 8.84

Well there's still 2 days left so I imagine it will go up from there.

Around the Network

I have recently started playing and I haven't finished (spoiler: I'm right after when the Mexican army wants to execute you and the rebels help you out). Also, I'm not able to try the multiplayer out these days because of PSN, though I rarely care for multiplayer and it doesn't make the game for me. So take my score into consideration only if you wish.

I would give it an 8.0 out of 10 so far. Awesome environment, even though it's quite empty, but that's the way it's meant to be. Perhaps I would have like it to have a big town, much bigger than what the game has. The missions are fun, though they may be lacking a bit of variety.

The story is ok so far but nothing special, basically you're looking for these guys and doing missions for others in order to get the information. This is the typical GTA structure, tough. The graphics are good and the voice acting is very good, but it's obvious the voice actors for the Mexicans don't speak Spanish. I speak Spanish, so imagine you encounter a game where the voice actors pretend to be American and can barely imitate the language's sounds, it's odd.

So yeah, especially the environment and feeling makes this game for me: 8 out of 10.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

A good game overall and I enjoyed it for what it was.  Far from GOTY for me when it was released but pretty damn good.

Pro's

- Beautiful for an open world game

- Expansive, amazing setting.  Western's are VERY rare in modern media especially in video games so it was very nice seeing someone execute it in such a detailed way.

- The characters and voice acting for the most part are some of the best of this entire generation.  John Marston is a very deep character.

- Tons of stuff to do, from hunting, to tracking down outlaws.

Cons's

- Some of the game felt a little too slow.  It felt like you were in Mexico not doing too much for a VERY long time.  To me that section of the game really slowed down the pacing.

-  Gameplay itself isn't all that deep.  While there is tons of content and varied ways to do things you can't look at a single game mechanic and say it really shines above the competition.  But Red Dead is a game about the sum of its parts not each individual thing so this is both a con and somewhat a pro.

-  Some annoying little glitches like horses freaking out, to random stuff dissapearing.

Overall though a very good game and I hope one day Rockstar makes another awesome Red Dead game.

2 more days to score!

Pros............ Length of the game, Story, Huge and graphically impressive open world.

Cons........ Horse riding is cumbersome (far better in GUN IMO), missions too samey samey, multiplayer is average at best, GUN from last gen is a better game.

Score 6.5

Around the Network

1 day to score!

Barozi said:

meh I don't feel like posting my scores anymore.

When I see tons of people giving a game 10s even though it only should be in the 80s and others give highly acclaimed games ridiculous scores of 2 or 3 instead of 6-10, I just don't see why I should waste my time here.

Some of you guys just don't have any talent to judge quality and I guess you are also the people who complain about official reviews. One thing is clear, the fault lies with you and not the reviewers.

I agree wholeheartedly.

And people who refuse to put their goggles off ruin the scores of all multiplatforms in this series.

Couple of hours left.

This is an absolutely ridiculously low score for a game like this (if anyone thinks I may have screwed up the math for this let me know and i'll recount)

Vgchartz score -- 7.89

GamrReview score -- 9.1

Highest score was 10, lowest was 2

I will have the next ranking thread up tomorrow night after I get home from work.

This is a disgrace.