By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - In Desperate Need of New Music

I recently had my first gen 60GB iPod video die on me after a very long and reliable life. I'm truly saddened by the loss because it was not only my first iPod, but also a complete library of my musical progression. Gone are all my angsty teenage rock bands, my hilarious and catchy rap songs, and all of the random tracks I picked up along the way. So VGChartz crowd I'm asking you to recommend some good music that's more recent. I get lazy so I hadn't really downloaded much new music in the last year and a half. I like pretty much everything however I'm not very into Metal or Country, so hold off on those unless it is really exceptional. Thanks guys.

Around the Network

Have you tried using a website like Last.fm?  I held off on using similar websites for a long time, when I bit the bullet I had no idea why it took me so long.

I use Pandora fairly regularly but I've noticed that I know most of the artists recommended. I wanted to see if I could get some under the radar or out of my peripheral suggestions. For example, if it weren't for my sister I'm not sure if I ever would have listened to The Gorillaz as a kid. Now they've been one of my favorites groups since the 6th grade. 

Look up Papercut Massacre once, I've never heard them on mainstream radio, but they came up on XM, and I love them.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

So anything's game?

K, I'll start with some futurepop.

VNV Nation:

Solitary

Perpetual

Sentinel

Apoptygma Berzerk:

Cambodia

Non-stop Violence

Electricity

Faceless Fear

And some Japanese pop (a bit more trance than pop, though), from fripSide:

Level 5 -Judgelight-

And now some really exceptional metal from Ensiferum:

Vandraren

Eternal Wait

One More Magic Potion

And if you like pirate-y things, some Alestorm:

Captain Morgan's Revenge

This is all new music I've gotten into recently, and I hope you like some of it.  ^_^

Around the Network

Beatles

The Killers

Aiden

Billy Joel

Lost Prophets

Bob Dylan

Owl City

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

http://www.pandora.com/

Try that. It helps you find music you like for you. The only disadvantage is ads.