By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - More Heavenly Sword Rumors: Open Sanbox, Multiple Martial Arts Forms

A sequel to 2007′s Heavenly Sword is in the works, according to a rumor in the latest issue of UK PlayStation mag, PlayGamer. Apparently, it’s an open-world sandbox title set ten years after the events of the first game.  

It’ll feature replayable missions and an interactive environment, says the mag. The mighty Heavenly Sword weapon will not be available from the start of the game — you’ll have to work your way up to obtaining it by mastering a number of martial arts.

Ninja Theory, developers of the original game, went on to multiplatform development, so a sequel would be developed by another team, commissioned by Sony (who own the property).

To reiterate — this is just a rumor. Make no assumptions until we hear an official announcement.

Thanks, Gamer’s Corner.

* Hopefully its a Japanese Comapany..though Im probally dreamin

Around the Network

Release a trophy patch for the first game please and i will buy it. Yeah i no it's pretty sad that i don't buy a game because it don't have trophyes but i just can't play a game if it don't have trophyes(well i can play psp games) because i feel than their is something that is missing.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

kivi95 said:

Release a trophy patch for the first game please and i will buy it. Yeah i no it's pretty sad that i don't buy a game because it don't have trophyes but i just can't play a game if it don't have trophyes(well i can play psp games) because i feel than their is something that is missing.

..... Sad doesnt even believe begin to  describe this.

kivi95 said:

Do you play games or trophies? Tell me.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Ofcourse i play the game for the game it self. I would never buy a disney game or something cheap shit for trophies. But trophies makes me play the game again after I finish a game. Don't like playing a game only once and not discover the whole game which trophies helps.

And another reason is also that i have so huge backlog of games i need to buy.(which are some great games AND have tropies...:P

If the next game does exist and they release a Epic treailer i will buy HS.(even without trophies)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Around the Network

tbh, i was hoping Ninja Theory would be in charge of the sequel since i think they are very good developers who've been down on their luck recently.

I thought Heavenly Sword was a great game eventhough it was short. I think I finish it in 5-6 hours. I wish SCE Santa Monica studio was making this sequel. =p

I Really want a Japanese Company to do it.Western Developers arnt very good at crafting action games, They always lack any type of flair and more importantly......subsatnce.

ninja Theory focuses to much on story( which is weird in a action) but combat systems are just barren

the thing is keeping NT out of development would probably make it better; they're a decent developer but it's obvious that a LOT of their staff have egomania issues and what they have made thus far are a bunch of so-so games with somewhat above-average stories

Pichsterz said:

I thought Heavenly Sword was a great game eventhough it was short. I think I finish it in 5-6 hours. I wish SCE Santa Monica studio was making this sequel. =p

Well I hope Santa Monica isn't making it.