By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which One Is Worse? RROD vs. PSN

My PS3 still works...

Around the Network
Fumanchu said:

Well like it states it's a question of perspectives.  For the consumer the complete loss of functionality and repeat occurrances plagued by the RRoD would be deemed worse.  However, you would think that the developer's and publisher's would suffer more from a simultaneous online outage and complete loss of revenue. 

In all honesty, compare the millions of people who have lost 5-10 weeks of service on the XBOX260 because of RROD.  Now compare that to 2 weeks of a lack of PSN service.  The amount of lost service on the XBOX360 is thousands of times larger and probably cost publishers on XBOX Live billions of lost revenue.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

For gamers: RROD. Although it did affect MS as well.

For the Company:  PSN. It could go really bad for Sony. They've had enough F-ups this gen, this is the last thing they need.

I guess PS3 gamers don't mind their personal data being stolen and their credit cards being sold...

lol you can't be serious

xbl was down for 2 weeks ( just like the psn outage so far ) in 2007

furthermore xbl can be hacked quite easily :

ingame ( dot ) msnbc ( dot ) msn.com/_news/2011/04/04/6408513-disgruntled-gamer-hacks-xbox-security-chiefs-account

a 21 year old hacked into the account of a senior xbl security officer just a few weeks ago... if anon had the inccentive xbl could just as easily have had this problem happen to it... its beyond laughable to me that xbl gamers really believe that live is that much more secure

Around the Network

It's not PSN being down that's so bad. It's the fact that our info was fucking compromised. 

i can still play offline even with psn down, it hasnt affected me much. i would hate for my console to die though.

Typed a bunch but lost it all so screw it.

o_O.Q said:

lol you can't be serious

xbl was down for 2 weeks ( just like the psn outage so far ) in 2007

furthermore xbl can be hacked quite easily :

ingame ( dot ) msnbc ( dot ) msn.com/_news/2011/04/04/6408513-disgruntled-gamer-hacks-xbox-security-chiefs-account

a 21 year old hacked into the account of a senior xbl security officer just a few weeks ago... if anon had the inccentive xbl could just as easily have had this problem happen to it... its beyond laughable to me that xbl gamers really believe that live is that much more secure

1. That was an intermitten failure. Meaning it was up and down for those two weeks. Not down completely like the PSN. 

2. Why do you break up the link like that? 

3. That isn't hacking... The 'hacker' recovered the password for the guy's email then did the same for the gamertag. People need to learn what hacking is >__> 

4. What does this have to do with the subject on hand?

On Topic: RRoD, since it actually affected me

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

voty2000 said:

Typed a bunch but lost it all so screw it.

If you do that bring the quote box back up and push ctrl + z. It should bring the post back :D 

Sig thanks to Saber! :D