By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Superchunk's I told you so, thread.

In December 2006, on my very first post, I declared Wii would be an amazing hit.
 - It even outdid my projected 17m for 2007.

In early 2007, I declared Wii would surpass X360 worldwide and in every territory by end of summer 2008.
 - It did, almost in the exact week I said. (actually 1 week early I think, hard to find old threads...)

Now, its not all rosy gardens here as I did miss a big one when I said 3rd parties would shift focus to Wii by 2009. Against all historical facts and common sense, they chose to actually ignore Wii like it was that fat girl on the PS3 v Wii videos from 2007. "I like go carts, vrooom vrooom!"

However, over the last couple YEARS I've been saying the next gen would start in 2012. Everytime I've said that by E3 2011 (or 2012 at the latest) we'd see a new Nintendo and more than likely new Xbox or remotely a PS4. That they would all be seen by E3 2012 with at least two of them launching by end of 2012 and last one sometime in 2013.

The last few months have seen plenty of rumors and then a validation by Nintendo that they are in fact showing a new console at E3 2011 and will launch it in 2012.

Now today we have rumors starting that MS is ready to begin the first steps of its next console and will also show it at this years E3 with a probable 2012 release date.

This of course all makes sense as its the oldest machine out, devs have started complaining at needed newer technologies, and they won't want to be too far behind whomever starts the next gen.

Additionally, Nintendo and MS are both within the price ranges where they can easily have a high and low-end device at the same time. ($100-$150).

Once MS is confirmed (in a month at the latest), then my statement about next-gen will be proven true as far as I'm concerned. There is no way Sony will let these two launch in 2012 without doing something within a year after.

So, to all those who argued with me and said "noooo, MS/Sony have no reason to, they'll wait until at least 2015 yada yada..."

I TOLD YOU SO!!!

EDIT: This may be post-poned until e3 2012....

Around the Network

per our agreement, I will suck your balls.

d21lewis said:

per our agreement, I will suck your balls.

It's a reference to South Park, people!

Aye aye. The long-gen argument was bogus from the beginning

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

good for you?

d21lewis said:

I got it, lol. However, if we ever meet in person, I will collect.

d21lewis said:

Well if MS comes out in a month then you deserve a pack of cokies for your righteousness.  I would have thought that they would have waited tell atleast 2013 but maybe this is a chance to update kinect and do the things they want to do with it.  Finger recognition or whatever. I would hope that you don't have to buy a new kinect unit to do this. Hopefully it can just be tranfered to a new system or they will piss people off.

So should I go to you for all my future needs. LOL

It's not the Wii's fault. We changed taste and preffer chubby girls nowadays.