By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NGP and Xbox 360 unite, birth Chinese knockoff

Joystiq

No, Sony and Microsoft didn't finally decide to kiss, make up and release an incredible Xbox 360 / NGPhybrid. What you see above is in fact the iReadyGo RG. Boasting an NGP form factor and a decidedly Xbox 360 color scheme, the open source device supposedly packs a 1GHz processor, a 720p camera, HDMI output and support for a variety of video formats. Our cohorts at Engadget also report that the manufacturer is hiring Android developers, possibly indicating the final device will include Google's mobile OS.

Around the Network

Well I wouldn't really call it a knock off, its similiar to two different products but doesn't appear to be a direct knock off. If this is a knock off then PSP was GBA knock off. It would be interesting to see what kind of software the company produces to support it, now if the software is ripped off then I'd call this a knock off.

To me this is just a new competitor in China where DS and PSP aren't traditionally very availible. Everyone remember the Gizmondo, to be honest I don't see this company achieving anymore success then Gizmondo did unless they can rally chinese developers behind the device.

It would be interesting to see some game hardware coming out of China that aren't direct knock offs!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Words cant describe how i felt when i saw this so i will just show you.  :)

That is all. :)     (failure above)

Hey that looks like if a PSP and a Xbox 360 made sweet sweet love to each other and had a kid that what that is!

Anyone who's breaking the law is obvious a criminal.

If they put Android OS on it, it could be a pretty kickass homebrew device. But I'd imagine that this Chinese knockoff manufacturer wouldn't support it with Android firmware updates though.

Around the Network

Am I the only one who thinks it looks cool? I like the 360 colour scheme on the thing, it looks pretty.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

CaptainObvious said:

Hey that looks like if a PSP and a Xbox 360 made sweet sweet love to each other and had a kid that what that is!

the colorful buttons made me lose interest

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=128228&page=1&str=830429254#

posted already.