By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Morphological Anti-Aliasing refined on Xbox 360- 3x faster than PS3 Cell

Noways all the world are talking about how to make life logically correct, not jogging your life, just find yourselves, life yourselves. In this case, I can't wait to relax myself, enjoy myself, fun myself. Sunglasses are becoming an important fashionable element at present, discount sunglasses online, the LV Sunglasses are one of the best-selling styles this year.The cheap Nfl Jerseys are comfortable and cool, more importantly, Nba Jerseys for sale, they can give people the feeling that they are fighting along with them in the same uniform on the ground. What's more, NBA jerseys can also go well with other clothes. Michael Jordan Shoes can be the best choice of basketball players all over world.Besides that, the appearances of nike shox shoes are really amazing. Besides, Music is a driving force in the game of many top athletes. Now Powerbeats By monster beats studio can bring out the best in yours. monster beats headphones combines sonic superiority with a comfortable fit that won't quit.

Around the Network

I was under the impression that the primary benefit of Cell-based MLAA was that developers by and large have plenty of CPU power to spare on Cell, thus allowing for the implementation of AA without taking a hit in other areas.  I'm not sure how a direct comparison to a GPU-based solution is very meaningful here.

Edit:

Ah, it seems WereKitten already covered this.  It provides an excellent alternative to MSAA for 360 developers either way.

ethomaz said:

Can you show any link about that... because MLAA costs less than SSAA to GPU but a I see tests showing a HD 6870 with no AA performing 15% better than the same HD 6870 with MLAA.

Jiminez MLAA, your're referring to something else.

ethomaz said:

Any graphic filter costs GPU performance... my 3% is optmistic at all.

Didn't say it wouldn't, i'm just suggesting that a 1% cost in exchange for a 5% cost soing MSAA plus not handing over 70% of the CPU is a better trade, especially when Xenos is significantly in excess of the RSX

ethomaz said:

Use Cell to MLAA is better choice because all gpu horse power is free to graphics.

Then the GPU would be held back by the CPU as the weakest link, that would explain why Infamous 2 won't have MLAA.

ethomaz said:

I prefer physics on CPU too... unless you have two GPUs (one for graphics other for physics).

Well since these consoles do not, you wouldn't want to bog down the CPU doing graphics work.

More info but not much though.

http://beefjack.com/news/xbox-360-to-get-ps3-style-mlaa-anti-aliasing-quality-bar-raised/