By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Latest EDGE reviews: Portal 2, Mortal Kombat and more!

Mortal Kombat got a 6? The game is at least an 8. They like to exaggerate a lot don't they?They try to act strict and they give Bayonetta a 10....This magazine is a joke.

Around the Network

ouch at those who take their scores seriously :P content of reviews? sure..but the scores themselves? nah

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Fab_GS said:
Doobie_wop said:

So Edge continues to be the worst review source on the planet, jolly good show.

Why? Is it because you don't agree with their scores even though you haven't read their reviews yet?

They suck period. I know that other review sources overate some games. And are affraid to use low scores like 7 and 6. But Edge got very bad taste. Some examples: God of War 2 7 out of 10. Mass Effect 1 7 out 10. It goes both ways too, both Halo 3 and LBP got 10 when they clearly didn't derseve them. Games like KZ2 and 3 also got 7 but i am not complaining since with those games i agree (although its still far of the competition).

AngelosL said:

Mortal Kombat got a 6? The game is at least an 8. They like to exaggerate a lot don't they?They try to act strict and they give Bayonetta a 10....This magazine is a joke.

Yeah they try to be all hardcorez and somehow want to be the famitsu of the west. Idiots.

Well I still like their reviews.

Just ignore the scores and read the synopsis of the game they give in the last paragraph of their reviews.

Around the Network

I expected them to give a 10 to Portal 2 and 0 to everything else. I am mostly relieved.

Machina said:
CGI-Quality said:
mundus6 said:
Fab_GS said:
Doobie_wop said:

So Edge continues to be the worst review source on the planet, jolly good show.

Why? Is it because you don't agree with their scores even though you haven't read their reviews yet?

both Halo 3 and LBP got 10 when they clearly didn't derseve them. Games like KZ2 and 3 also got 7 but i am not complaining since with those games i agree (although its still far of the competition).

This is strictly your opinion, while Edge's reviews are strictly their opinion. Neither side invalidates the other.

OT: The only score that I'm curious about is the Conduit 2. I know 5 is average from them, but they're saying it's below average and I wonder why.

Given that most review sites think it's well below average (7-7.5-ish being the definition of average), a 4 from Edge seems positively generous.

I quite like that 7/10 isn't average. Most people would be very happy with 70% in a test. Below 5/10 should mean fail, in other words, below average and poor.

Doobie_wop said:

I've nearly finished Portal 2, it's not as great as they make it seem. The visuals aren't stellar, the loading is horrible and annoying, the levels are way to samey, the puzzles aren't as hard as the first games and I feel way less incorporated into the plot in comparison to the first game. I sat down expecting something special (after loving the first, reading the reviews and the god like status that Valve is given nearly every day) and even though I'm enjoying it, I would in no way consider it to be amazing. I stall stand by the opinion that Valve are one of the most overrated developers in the industry and reviewers just love to kiss their ass, same thing with Rockstar San Diego, Infinity Ward and Harmonix. 

While I loved Portal 2, I have to agree with you.

For me it felt like it should've been a download only game that cost $20.

You have to be careful at levelling critique at Portal though, there are a lot of fanatics out there.

EDIT: I'm hoping for some challenging and crazy DLC. That would make me very happy!