By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii outsells PS3 5:1 this week in Japan - Nintendo goes wild

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Wii_outsells_PS3_5_1_this_week_in_Japan_Nintendo_goes_wild

Wii - 264k

PS3 - 51k

DS - 319k

Final Fantasy IV - 309k

Mario Party DS - 308k

Wii Fit - 210k!!!

Around the Network

Yea and Wii outsells 360 32:1 what's your point?? The numbers have already been posted in another section and you haven't added anything constructive accept reposting the numbers that are already posted......

so the news posters are supposed to be Sony fanboy supply ?

I m not so sure ...

Time to Work !

exactly

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

It was pretty predictable...

Around the Network

Who care ? This is not a race

However I think there are some crows to eat for those that predicated a " bubble burst " in Japan about the Wii in November

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

cool48 said:

Pretty predictable? One month ago everyone was talking about Wii's doom and that PS3 was doing a comeback...

*Me included* And this is a crow i will delightfully eat! 

goodlord wii is finally kickin' ass again in japan. i guess that shows the real interest in japan after those months of wii only selling 30k a week and even losing to ps3 after sony's price drop/40g model. man, i can't beleive sony didn't go up at all and wii is selling about 8 times what it was a month ago.

so with just japan/others wii is at over 700k and DS is at 1.2 million.
so is wii gonna sell like 1.5 million this week? with DS maybe 2 million??? goodlord this is gonna be crazy once US numbers come out.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

gamingdevil said:
cool48 said:

Pretty predictable? One month ago everyone was talking about Wii's doom and that PS3 was doing a comeback...

*Me included* And this is a crow i will delightfully eat!

You seriously thought a month ago after the amazing sales it got all year that it was just gonna die because the PS3 beat it a couple of weeks with a price cut?

If you look at the past weeks sales, it was pretty predictable. 

ok, given the numbers of the biggest week of the year what will be in your opinion normal sales level for Japan in Jan-Feb 2008? will PS3 be able to stay over 20k per week or the price drop effect has definitely passed? will the decreasing trend of Wii (experienced in October-November and now probably hidden by the holiday boost) continue after the holiday? and will the sales level of x360 be higher than 3k per week?

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M