By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - why am i getting 'forbidden' on this site?

Hey everyone, mainly ioi, Whenever i come onto any page on this site, i'm greeted with the message Forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server. So i'm not quite sure what is going on, it seems like an IP ban though (i'm currently accessing the site through a proxy) Anyone have a clue what has happened?

Around the Network

If it was an IP ban, all the other 500+ accounts I made to spammo this site to oblivion would have never been usable.

Strange ..If you had a IP ban we would see it.

This site is really a hell to log in..So that is why I am always automatic logged in.

thats odd, message ioi on the issue. its odd because I cant see a reason that you would have been banned let alone IP banned due to mods not having that ability.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Same here, I always stay logged in, but i've never had this problem before.. and i know the site doesn't regularly IP ban which is why i'm a little confused that i can only login via a proxy

EDIT: okay, will do ssj12, thanks

EDIT2: weird, it is working again.. no longer getting forbidden .. i wonder what happened 

Around the Network
Fimbulvetr said:
If it was an IP ban, all the other 500+ accounts I made to spammo this site to oblivion would have never been usable.

how did I miss this statement.. lol

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

no its not that ioi i know what it is. It means he visited too many pages in a short amount of time. (probably 100k refreshed due to wanting to have the new charts =D)

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

actually.. i was surfing pages pretty fast.. because i was going through a bunch of peoples profiles (just adding people i'm familiar with as friends in one big hit).. that was probably the cause then

I'll make sure i don't do that again, thanks for the responses

tabsina said:
actually.. i was surfing pages pretty fast.. because i was going through a bunch of peoples profiles (just adding people i'm familiar with as friends in one big hit).. that was probably the cause then

I'll make sure i don't do that again, thanks for the responses

It's because you're bad, so bad you're good.

ioi gave the "official" reason- the reason the guys in the black suits tell us so that we can sleep well at night.... but I suspect the truth.

YOU'RE GBALLZACK!!!

I'm on to you, Ballsy! It's just a matter of time before you slip up. ;)