By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Palastine Unity Government.

Mr Khan said:
Joelcool7 said:

I think a unity Government is a very bad idea. Hamas proved that they are not a good partner for Government when they turned on their fellow citizens and killed all those that supported Fatah. Also as said by Mr.Bubbles I believe now Israel can attack the West Bank over rocket strikes from Gaza as now that the Government is unified both are going to be held responsable.

As much as I hate the settlements, I think Fatah was having some success in Israel negotiations and the West was willing to work with them. The West will be very hesitant to support any government calling for Israel's destruction. Now the two sides say they will hold another election, what if Hamas gets voted in for the West Bank? I mean Hamas whiped out Fatah in Gaza so they are guaranteed a win in Gaza but now West Bank may fall to them. As much as I agree with democracy I believe in a democratic Governmet. Its like here in Canada their is the MarxistLennonist Party (Communist Party) if they were democratically elected would that make them a democratic Government that everyone should recognise?

I think this Unity deal is a stupid move and Fatah's part. Hamas may try to seize control again not to mention they will loose legitamacy in the West and Israel could start attacking Fatah and West Bank now that they are unified with Hamas.

Its a sad day for the people of Palestine!

Israel has proven non-receptive to peace talks. I don't believe war is the answer (and even those who would believe war is the answer should know that war as the Palestinians or any or all of the Middle Eastern countries put together are able to wage it would be futile), but the Fatah method mostly involved them making concession after concession and Israel not budging.

Honestly what i think we need is UN Military arbitration. Go in, force both sides to completely surrender to UN Military occupation, and then force them to work something out at gunpoint, as clearly both sides are simply moving further away from a peaceful solution (as Israel swings ever-further to the right and the Palestinians reunite with the faction that refuses to acknowledge Israel's right to exist)

Your right the Palestinians were constantly making concessions. But they did get a settlement freeze that expired but Israel may have renewed it or negotiated something else.

I also believe the United Nation's needs to get militarily involved. The UN Security Council once Libya is over should intervene next time Israel clashes with the Palestinian's. They should threaten sanctions and move to draw up a border. I don't think Israel or Palestine have the capacity to draw up a border themselves. The international community should get together and draw up a border. Then the UN should send some troops to enforce this border.

Then again the UN went into Lebanon and promised to stop Hezbullah from re-arming and carrying out attacks on Israel. The UN proved they were unable to carry out the task and Hezbullah is armed to the teeth.

So in reality I think Israel's allies and Palestines allies through the United Nation's should draw up a border. Then both Israel and Palestine will have to accept this border or face sanctions and possible military action.

But in order for that to happen us Israeli Allies need to finally step in and tell Israel they need to make some concessions and work with the Palestinians. Even Obama hasn't really told Israel they need to work on a peace plan and effectively influence them to make peace!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

Both sides are to blame. The real reason why the conflict is still ongoing is that the Jews in Israel find it intolerable that they will be a minority in their own Jewish state eventually and once that happens the country will unify with the rest of Palestine and then be renamed palestine. The demographics of the palestinians within their borders already point to this happening. So let them build their settlements because the more Palestinians they include in their borders the sooner they will have 'peace through sex'.

Tease.

Squilliam said:

Both sides are to blame. The real reason why the conflict is still ongoing is that the Jews in Israel find it intolerable that they will be a minority in their own Jewish state eventually and once that happens the country will unify with the rest of Palestine and then be renamed palestine. The demographics of the palestinians within their borders already point to this happening. So let them build their settlements because the more Palestinians they include in their borders the sooner they will have 'peace through sex'.

Actually (as Kasz once pointed out) the demographic problem for the Jews isn't really the case, their long-term birth-rates will see them through democratically

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.