By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What VGchartz has taught me!!!!

RolStoppable said:
Okay, I am glad that I could help you.

QFT. Merry Christmas.

Around the Network

Having personal preferences is not a bad thing as we all have different tastes but being able to enjoy the other systems and their games too and being able to accept that other people might have different preferences is important too as a healthy amount of competition makes each company work harder for our money so we all win.

"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

good, now if only others would follow.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

All consoles have their benifits if you can afford it why not get all?

"Like you know"

Great - I still think that this page has not a big threat with fanboys, although it is much worse than when I joined.

Back in february, there were hardly any fanboys on the nintendo side, maybe one or two on the Sony side (but such to remember - Kwaad and Hus anyone?) and almost any Xbox supporters anyway, except for mrstickball who can get a little annoying sometimes, but I guess that is what he thinks about us nintendo fans too.

As the year passed, more younger members joined which automatically led to more emotions in the discussions, but this is still a great place to have a calm discussion about video games.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network

Well ive loved the sight for some time but only just got round to joining.
Personally its helped me to learn a lot more about the real position of the industry, that im not quite in love with Nintendo as much as I thought I was and not to piss off the moderators (mighty fine upstanding group of people all)
cant wait to see where the industry leads next year

'You should try everything once in your life except incest, homosexuality and morris dancing' - Oscar Wylde (sort of)

i myself aren't really fanboyish but i like too smack people who make no sense . and strangely they are all sony fans

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Good to see this site helped mellow the fanism out of you. Hopefully more people can follow this trend.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

I'm a fanboy and proud of it too.

I don't see anything wrong with fanboyism. To me the industry is a little bit like a sport and Nintendo are simply my team. I love and support them, because I believe in their track record, products and ideals. I also give them the benefit of the doubt, take a shady view of the competitors and generally put a positive spin on them - just as most sports fans would. But I also get angry at them when they clearly do something wrong (or counter to my likes), and recognize the others' positive achievements - just as a sports fan would.

I say the only real problem is BLIND fanboyism - where 'fanboys' fail to recognise evidence or logic, and don't have actual reasons for their particular support. Most sufferers also spout vitriolic abuse and have difficulty with intelligible grammar. Such fanboys aren't really fans at all - they're more like the football hooligans you get at matches - there for the brawl rather than the sport.

Blind fanboyism reminds me of soccer fans...