By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Points -> Wii points problem

Hey, guys. I live in Greece and I've been having a little Wii problem. I have tons of Star Points (European club Nintendo) and would like to redeem them into Wii points via the Wii points card shop.

In the site, it says:

• Once you are connected to the Wii Shop Channel, select 'Start Shopping'.
  • On the next screen, select 'Settings'.
  • On the Settings Screen, point your Wii Remote at the Club Nintendo logo and press the A Button in order to link your Club Nintendo account.

I'm at the highlighted step. When I click at settings, there is no Club Nintendo logo just two options, 1st is about gifts or something and the 2nd about erasing my current Wii shop account.

Can anyone help me? 

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:

Hey, guys. I live in Greece and I've been having a little Wii problem. I have tons of Star Points (European club Nintendo) and would like to redeem them into Wii points via the Wii points card shop.

In the site, it says:

• Once you are connected to the Wii Shop Channel, select 'Start Shopping'.
  • On the next screen, select 'Settings'.
  • On the Settings Screen, point your Wii Remote at the Club Nintendo logo and press the A Button in order to link your Club Nintendo account.

I'm at the highlighted step. When I click at settings, there is no Club Nintendo logo just two options, 1st is about gifts or something and the 2nd about erasing my current Wii shop account.

Can anyone help me? 

My guess would be that you already started buying things on your Wii, before you linked your account. I dont know if deleting your shopping account would also remove access to things you've already bought, so I can't suggest anything.

RolStoppable said:
I have the same problem, but I think the reason why I can't trade in my 12k something star points is because I chose Austria as the country I am in on my Wii settings and Austria doesn't belong to the countries which are in the stars program of NoE.

I could be wrong but I think Greece doesn't belong to these countries either and if you have chosen Greece as country you live in on your Wii settings, that might be the problem.

I don't dare to try it out to set my country to Germany to see whether I can trade in my star points, I am too afraid I could lose the data of my Wii Shop account (spent about €180 already). Besides, 12k star points amount to €30, so it's not really worth it for me anyway.

Yeah, I switched my acount to United Kingdom and lost all my Wii points (thankfully 200 points) and probably lost all info on my downloaded games too.

No biggie as I had only two games, now I can download about 4-5 games, which is a gain for me. Don't try it, Rol as you'll lose your account info as well. Thanx for the help, though. I thought this thread was going to go down in history as the sole 0 reply thread ever :)

For some strange reason I thought computer games were illegal in Greece

highwaystar101 said:
For some strange reason I thought computer games were illegal in Greece

Theoretically, they are! It's just a stupid, mistyped law.

Around the Network

What are you guys so afraid of? Once you download a game, the rights and licenses are on your console FOR GOOD unless you MANUALLY delete them. Changing the country will not matter.

Furthermore, unlinking your accounts wouldn't matter either. I've unlinked my account before and relinked- nothing happened. I was still able to download everything I had previously.

It's all registered to your Wii, so there's nothing to worry about.

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million
  • PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
  • NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical)  - FAILURE
  • NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!

routsounmanman"I live in greece and Ive been having a little wii problem"

you should go see your doctor about this could be fatal

I want wii fit and I want it now

well those "free" points are never available...

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.