By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Success or flop?

I think if Zack and Wiki sold 500,000 it would be considered a success. The problem imo is that it was a new IP with no hype for it. Yes IGN raved about it but many of the mainstream Wii owners were not familiar with it. They should of come up with a better name as well. Something simple like Treasure Hunter: The Quest for Gold would of been better. It sends a simple message to casual gamers. Sadly I see Carnival Games will do much better sales wise than Zack.

Around the Network

Anything under 1,000,000 for a nintendo is a bust.

For the rest of the simpletons? under 500,000 is a bust

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Many low budget games (like Zack and Wiki) have such small development costs that they can break even after less than 100,000 units are sold to retailers; if a publisher made $20 off of each copy of a game that was sold (which is a reasonable estimate for a $40 game) a $5 Million game, which would be middle of the road for a Wii game, would require sales of 250,000 to break even.

I think it is fair to call any game that is unprofitable a flop ...

A game like Zack and Wiki is going to be very difficult to categorize in either category though because it will likely end up bringing in a ROI similar to some of the better selling games of the year, but at the same time will (probably) not sell more than 500,000 units.