By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Portal 2 Review Thread!!!

Eurogamer Italy 10/10 - "Portal 2 is a masterpiece. Valve did everything possible to evolve the original concept, creating an almost perfect experience only disturbed by a couple of minor issues. With both an intense single-player mode and a perfect co-op multiplayer Portal 2 is a true must-buy."

Gameblog.fr 5/5 -  "Except maybe a lesser second act, Portal 2 delivers an adventure with impeccable and unique flavour. It's impeccably directed and narrated, loaded with humor and wit. The numerous new mechanics renew the puzzles, it's longer than expected, the coop mode, locally or online, is bliss, and even though the ending couldn't surpass that of the original, it concludes a rollercoaster ride of pure sensations and genius ideas."

VideoGamer 10/10 - "A mere ten minutes here will yield more memorable moments than you're likely to squeeze out of the entirety of most other games this year. In all aspects of its design, Portal 2 is genius."

Machinima 10/10 -  "There was a certain magic to the first game that will never be recaptured. That being said, Portal 2 is better in just about every way possible. The puzzles are more intricate, the writing is better than most movies or TV shows I've seen, and the production value is everything you've come to expect from the guys that brought you Half-Life."

Everyeye.it 9.5/10 - "Portal 2 is one of the most thrilling puzzle experiences ever created."

SpazioGames 9.4/10 - "The qualities of Portal 2 are rarely seen in a videogame. Compelling, lasting and smart: each and every minute of gameplay is filled with incredible content. If you love gaming, you can't miss this masterpiece."

TheSixthAxis 9/10 -  "Games like this don't come around very often, and if you miss out on this one you'll be skipping one of the finest examples of the medium the industry has to offer: Portal 2 is compelling, exciting, wildly capricious and, most importantly, laugh out loud funny. And who knows, maybe there'll be a surprise waiting for you – at the end."

Around the Network

gamrReview 8.9/10 - "Portal 2 is one of those rare games that makes its predecessor completely obsolete. There are more puzzles, more characters, better graphics and sound, more variables in the puzzles, and a surprising story that went above and beyond my expectations. Unfortunately, once you’ve beaten both campaigns, there’s nothing left to do. Even with that shortcoming, however, Portal 2 is one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I’ve had for quite a while."

Seece said:
ethomaz said:
Seece said:

6 reviews live atm, not one below 9.5 ... looking very solid.

Just six? I read at least ten perfect scores .

Where are they then? o_O

I overexagerate   now there are twelve.

ethomaz said:

AVG: 95.4

90'S

Brutal Gamer 9.5/10
Escapist 4/5
GameFront 90/100
Game Informer 9.5/10
GamerLive.TV 9.5/10
Glitchy Tasty 98/100
IGN  9.5/10
Mac Life 4.5/5
PC Gamer 94/100
XXLGaming 95/100
gamrReview 8.8/10

gamrReview was a 8.9 and should be placed in the 80's in part to be technically acurate and in part to shame VGC for being the lowest score portal2 will ever recieve.

kitler53 said:
ethomaz said:

AVG: 95.4

90'S

Brutal Gamer 9.5/10
Escapist 4/5
GameFront 90/100
Game Informer 9.5/10
GamerLive.TV 9.5/10
Glitchy Tasty 98/100
IGN  9.5/10
Mac Life 4.5/5
PC Gamer 94/100
XXLGaming 95/100
gamrReview 8.8/10

gamrReview was a 8.9 and should be placed in the 80's in part to be technically acurate and in part to shame VGC for being the lowest score portal2 will ever recieve.

ioi already corrected me ... I'm editing yet.

Around the Network

lol our review is the lowest until now.

were going to become the next ign o.O

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:

Isn't IGN known to overhype games rather than underrating it, though?

Telegraph 10/10 - "It's a work of masterful craft, mechanically constructed with military precision, artistically wrapped in a tremendous story and environment. Most impressively, its achievements feel effortless."

Guardian 5/5 - "Valve has created a masterpiece in Portal 2. The depth of content, the mind-bending mechanics and fantastic experience are almost certain to satisfy ardent fans of the first game; and to all newcomers to the series, it's as simple as this: prepare to have your mind blown. Over and over again."

Totally360 9.5/10 - "Overall, Portal 2 is an absolutely amazing title. Everyone (including myself) was disappointed when Portal 2 was delayed earlier this year, however, it was more than worth the wait. Portal 2 is a masterpiece that I can see myself playing for years."

IncGamers 9.6/10 - "By concentrating on iteration rather than re-design, Valve have created a sequel that improves upon the original and yet stays true to its memory. The puzzles, the story and the expert way in which players are taught to use the new tools all combine to create what is very possibly the most absorbing game the puzzle genre has ever seen."

CVG 9.3/10 - "Imaginative, challenging, hilarious and sometimes a bit exhausting, Portal 2 is one of 2011's most interesting, challenging blockbusters. Just make sure you take your sweet, sweet time with it - because you'll probably feel a hole in your head once it's done and dusted." 

Level7.nu 8/10 - "The puzzles in Portal 2 are truly great, the co-op mode a welcome addition and the dialogues are sometimes hilarious. The constant "enter a room, solve the puzzle, enter a new room" formula does, however, get repetitive in the long run."

Sad to see the user scores on metacritic. PC gamers are the biggest troll ever.

zgamer5 said:

There two 8.0/10 reviews.