By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - colour blindness and video games

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13109063

Just watched this over on BBC technology and wanted to share it with you. I guess there is not much point to the thread (and this is my first one so sorry if its bad) if I dont try and involve you in some way so here is a few questions.

What did you think of nintendo and Gurilla games response?
is there any other games with colour blind settings?
do you think more developers should be taking steps to make there games accessible to colour blind people? especially if there are as many as the guy said (1/20 men and 1/200 women)

and slightly off-topic but is there anything I need to know/could improve if I make any more threads in future?

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

Around the Network

I like the thread! (and I haven't started a thread yet, but I want to)

Hmm, really interesting topic. I'm really glad for developers adding ways to customize games for all involved--in a way that isn't obtrusive if you don't desire that option. I think Nintendo's response sounds like something that just came from some PR guy because clearly they won't go back and patch Mario Kart. The sad part is that the people in Nintendo that NEED to hear this kind of stuff in order to make a change probably never got wind of it...which is a shame, since they are some bright and creative minds that are likely to do what they can to help. Ironically, the subject's suggestion of changing the patterns on the shells would probably be the kind of solution that Nintendo SHOULD take but probably wouldn't (they'd end up drastically changing items in a way that would tick off long-time fans of the series)...and it's doubtful Nintendo would invest into methods of increasing options and customizability with slick options menus. Although they could follow the ideas for menus such as SSB:B. Still, sometimes big N just likes to over simplify things.

The comparison between r4i gold 3DS and R4I-SDHC 3DS

R4i-SDHC 3DS and R4i gold 3DS, as we know, both of these two cards can work DS mode on 3DSConsole. Except these two, many DS card joins the list of3DS as well, such as: AK2i 3DS Card, M3izero, DSTwo and so on. Usually, each flashcard team realized this purpose by two ways. One is byupdating its kernel, such as: AK2i, DSTwo and so on. The other one is byreleasing a new card, like R4igold 3DS (http://www.ps3breakr4.com/r4i-gold-3ds-flashcard-for-nintendo-3ds-p-18.html)and R4i-SDHC 3DS(http://www.ps3breakr4.com/r4i-sdhc-red-3ds-card-r4isdhc-p-24.html).

In fact, both ofthese two cards have little difference with its successorv1.41, not only do they share the same developer team with its successor, butalso has the same official website.

The comparison between r4i gold 3DSand R4I-SDHC 3DS

1. r4i gold 3DS with the same kernel withits successor r4igold,yet,the 3DSR4i gold didnˋt. Ithas its special kernel, though both of the latest kernels of r4i-sdhc v1.41 and r4i-sdhc3ds, yet, they have their own kernel download address.
2. The r4i-sdhc 3dswith Anti-fake function and Wi-Fi Kernel update supporting, which were not inthe case of R4i gold 3DS Flashcard.
3. The step of kernel updating for r4igold and r4igold 3ds are very quickly, everyupdating is a process of bugs being fixed

Whatˋs your view about these two cards?