By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What's Your Favourite Crisp Flavour?

What's Your Favourite Crisp Flavour?

Ready Salted 3 20.00%

Cheese And Onion 7 46.67%

Salt And Vinegar 3 20.00%

Prawn Cocktail 0 0%

Worcestor Sauce 1 6.67%

Sour Cream And Onion 1 6.67%

Total:15
SamuelRSmith said:
mrstickball said:

Americans take their 'crisps' a lot more seriously, son, than 6 options.

I'm pretty agnostic, as we have about 50 flavors or more available at larger stores. Chipotle are some of the best, IMO, because it combines a hot flavor with a deep, smokey sweetness.

From my experience, though, most of the flavours tend to be variants on cheese and bbq. While the UK has a larger variety of very different flavours - the only cheese ones that are popular here are cheese and onion (excluding novelty crisps), and there's only really one bbq flavour... and, anecdotally, at least, it's not very popular.

Things like ranch just plain don't exist in the UK. Excluding one Dorito flavour... most people just consider it "plain", though.

....And yet *we* (USA) have about 10 different Dorito flavors.

We do have a few crazy Pringles flavors that are readily available in the states like Cinnamon Sweet Potato which is excellent.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
SamuelRSmith said:
mrstickball said:

Americans take their 'crisps' a lot more seriously, son, than 6 options.

I'm pretty agnostic, as we have about 50 flavors or more available at larger stores. Chipotle are some of the best, IMO, because it combines a hot flavor with a deep, smokey sweetness.

From my experience, though, most of the flavours tend to be variants on cheese and bbq. While the UK has a larger variety of very different flavours - the only cheese ones that are popular here are cheese and onion (excluding novelty crisps), and there's only really one bbq flavour... and, anecdotally, at least, it's not very popular.

Things like ranch just plain don't exist in the UK. Excluding one Dorito flavour... most people just consider it "plain", though.

....And yet *we* (USA) have about 10 different Dorito flavors.

We do have a few crazy Pringles flavors that are readily available in the states like Cinnamon Sweet Potato which is excellent.

I think we have 4... Ranch, Cheese, Chilli, and Lime.

Haven't seen lime in a while, thinking about it. Small packs of ranch are hard to find.. usually can only get it in large packs.

Corn chips, in general, aren't very popular in the UK. Most people prefer potato "crisps".

Also, popcorn tends to be sweet in the UK. You get sweet, sugar, toffee flavour popcorn. Butter and salt flavours are available.. but it's not like the US (hell... Disney World only sells salt popcorn... a testiment to the flavour's popularity there).

Another reason why I'm moving to the US. I'm a huge corn chip and BBQ fan. :P

And, yeah, you guys seem to put cinnamon in everything.

Roast lamb and mint. It's fantastic.

SamuelRSmith said:

I think we have 4... Ranch, Cheese, Chilli, and Lime.

Haven't seen lime in a while, thinking about it. Small packs of ranch are hard to find.. usually can only get it in large packs.

Corn chips, in general, aren't very popular in the UK. Most people prefer potato "crisps".

Also, popcorn tends to be sweet in the UK. You get sweet, sugar, toffee flavour popcorn. Butter and salt flavours are available.. but it's not like the US (hell... Disney World only sells salt popcorn... a testiment to the flavour's popularity there).

Another reason why I'm moving to the US. I'm a huge corn chip and BBQ fan. :P

And, yeah, you guys seem to put cinnamon in everything.

Popcorn in the US is certainly not sweet in terms of what we prefer. We have tons of it available, but most prefer heavy butter flavors. This is evidenced by the fact I have yet to see anything other than butter popcorn at a movie theater. However, most do offer cheese as a free topping, but is rarely used.

The best thing we have in terms of popcorn (IMO) in America are these massive, 3 gallon (thats 12 litres for the rest of you) tins that have 3 gallons of each type of popular popcorn - caramel, butter, and cheese. They are usually available around Christmas, and decorated in various holiday themes. They cost about $7.00 USD, and once you get done eating the popcorn, the tin works great for a storage unit.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Rath said:

Roast lamb and mint. It's fantastic.

Roast lamb and mint is in the poll

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=127385

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

PSN ID: Ferrari_1996

Around the Network
NotStan said:

How you left out BBQ and got Worcester sauce on there, very disappoint! Although I think my "favourite" is more like ready salted, but I don't tend to eat much crisp, more than a packet tends to make me go eugh.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=127383&page=1&str=707969883#

mexmen92 said:

1. Lime

2. Onion and Sour Cream

3. Cheese

How come you haven't voted? Sour Cream And Onion is in the poll.

Check out my other two polls. I have included flavours that you guys have meantioned.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=127385

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=127383&page=1&str=707969883#

oldschoolfool said:

what's prawn cocktail. Never heard of that flavor?

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101125100909AAkcg7D