By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vgchartz ranking game--Heavy Rain!!

radiantshadow92 said:

I could go to any game and say it was bad. For example, i could go on a killzone 3 thread and say the grapchics suck, do they suck though? NO. However, if i were to give examples as to why i think the graphics suck, then maybe my statements can hold. His however, have no evidence or examples. I would simply like some. And i don't think his score should count unless he does.

I think there are more than enough people that would agree with me on the issues of voice-acting and pacing. 

"People always misinterpret their favorite game with the BEST game. Sometimes, they just aren't."

Well I like to think my favorite games are the best games (or at least rate them as such), though a better game is more likely to be my favorite.

Around the Network
okr said:
radiantshadow92 said:
okr said:
radiantshadow92 said:
non-gravity said:

The bad:
-Slow boring pace. I never yawned this much in a game.
-Voice-acting
-Music 
-Technical awkwardies
-Plot hole ridden story
-Walking mechanics
-A big disappointment after Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit

The good
-Original

Score: 4.5

I think you should give some examples of all those negatives bro. Because i completly disagree you and don't see how the voice acting or pacing was bad =l

No, he shouldn't, he already stated his pro and cons.

I could go to any game and say it was bad. For example, i could go on a killzone 3 thread and say the grapchics suck, do they suck though? NO. However, if i were to give examples as to why i think the graphics suck, then maybe my statements can hold. His however, have no evidence or examples. I would simply like some. And i don't think his score should count unless he does.

We have two people in this thread who gave the game a 9.5 without stating any reason. According to the rules in the OP those two shouldn't count - if any - not non-gravity's score. Did anyone judge the numerous 9.5 or higher scores in this thread? No, and we shouldn't.

I could easily start a redundant discussion and say that many of the scores posted here are ridiculously high IMO and that I disagree with them, but I don't as it's obvious that most VGC members who played HR liked it much more than I do. I always respect other people's opinions and don't question them. (BTW: the reason I consider HR only as a decent game are pretty much the same as mentioned in details in this thread by Maxwell. For me HR is a graphic adventure game and I compare it to the more than 50 games from this genre I played over the past 20 years - to me HR is a nice adventure game, but nothing special).

Did anyone question the only sub 5 score posted so far in this thread, even though the member stated his pro and cons along with his vote? Yes, you did, but I think you shouldn't.

If you start to question other people's opinions, if you start to suspect people to be insincere and to down-vote a game on purpose, then these ranking threads don't make any sense and we can all agree that only the people who loved the game should be allowed to vote.

The rules specifically state that if a game is lower than a 5, then the person must go into great detail about why. Where did i disrespect his opinion? You make it sound like i am saying "No your opinion is wrong prove it!". I never said that, i said "i disagree with you, can your bring in some examples?" His pros and cons are very vague. Talking about graphics and sounds are not subjective things, so i find it odd that he thinks the voice acting was bad. I agree, you could go into discussion about how some of the scores are high, but it is not in the rules. They do not have to go into detail. I simply ask the score below a 5 that further explain with examples. It should be easy for him, a post of a youtube video, or hell just saying "remember that one time in the game when...." would be dandy with me.

non-gravity said:
radiantshadow92 said:

I think there are more than enough people that would agree with me on the issues of voice-acting and pacing. 

"People always misinterpret their favorite game with the BEST game. Sometimes, they just aren't."

Well I like to think my favorite games are the best games (or at least rate them as such), though a better game is more likely to be my favorite.

Who are these people? Honestly i never say a big issue with the voice acting.

The best game can surely be your favorite game. But bythat post i mean't that it doesn't have to be. Heavy Rain is CGI's favorite game this gen (or so i think), but he sees the flaws in the game and i respect that. I hate it when people go "oh its my favorite game, instant 10, it was perfect". 

Yeah, Non-gravity's score shouldn't be counted. He is one of the biggest Xbots on the site :P 

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Actually Non-Gravity rates all the games pretty low (highest I've seen from him was 7.5)

Now I would like it if he goes into some more detail but when it comes down to it I can tell pretty easily if someone is giving a low score just because they are a hater or if they actually didn't like the game.

Around the Network

9.0 very good game.

Something new, interesting, good story, good characters, good graphics, many endings.

Only think i didnt like was a bit slow beginning, sometimes voice acting.

radiantshadow92 said:

Who are these people? Honestly i never say a big issue with the voice acting. 

I'd say take a look here and do ctrl-F on "voice acting": http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/heavy-rain/user-reviews?sort-by=most-clicked&num_items=100

non-gravity said:

For a game that looks hyper-realistic and that is completely focused on telling a serious story, there were a couple of things that did not further my immersion into the game:

-Slow boring pace. The first hour or so started of very slow and I was yawned a lot in later areas of the game as well.

-Voice-acting. Not good enough for a game that would like to be a movie instead. If you want to hear even worse voice acting you can try the dozen languages that it's been localized for.

-Music wasn't particularly memorable and it would end abruptly when a scene ended. 

-Technical awkwardies. People walking through each other.

-Plot hole ridden story. Where do I start? Jason never actually gets hit by the car lol. Car hits Ethan right in the back.

-Walking mechanics. clunky

-A big disappointment after Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit. Yes I liked their last game alot and was very interested to play Heavy Rain.

The good

-Original, not your average game.

Score: 4.5

btw I'm not trying to rate the game a second time. I know that's forbidden by the rules :p

I give it a 9. I've never played a game where the sense of urgency and immersion were so great. I've give it a 10 if the damn game didn't literally become unplayable halfway through, so the glitch that prevented me from playing the game (eventually making me replay a previous chapter to move on) drops my score down 1 point.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

This board voted the awful Street Fighter IV a 9.4? lol funny.