By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vgchartz ranking game--Heavy Rain!!

Not only unique, but great as well. One of the best ps3 exclusives for sure.

Around the Network
Machina said:
yo_john117 said:
Machina said:

Still waiting for you to do a game I've actually played :(

45K gamerscore (and you own a PS3!) and you haven't played any of the games in my ranking threads? 0_o

Yeah, and I voted in a few of your early ones. But I started noticing these threads again recently and all of them have been for games I ain't played :@

But what I don't understand is how could you have not played GOW3, AC:B, or Halo Reach? :-S

One of my top 5 fav games of all time.  

9.8/10

Machina said:
yo_john117 said:
Machina said:
yo_john117 said:
Machina said:

45K gamerscore (and you own a PS3!) and you haven't played any of the games in my ranking threads? 0_o

Yeah, and I voted in a few of your early ones. But I started noticing these threads again recently and all of them have been for games I ain't played :@

But what I don't understand is how could you have not played GOW3, AC:B, or Halo Reach? :-S

Not interested, AC1 was a nice concept covered in crap - put me off the series, and kinda sick of shooters now, respectively.

And Fable II was crap, so I didn't get Fable III either. Can you choose a game from my achievement list for the one after Fable III? :P

How does ME2 sound for the next Multiplat game I do?

It has a really slow start takes an hour and 30mins to get to somthing exciting. But once it gets going you cant stop !!

Around the Network
Machina said:
yo_john117 said:
Machina said:
yo_john117 said:
Machina said:

Not interested, AC1 was a nice concept covered in crap

>:[

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

I really enjoyed this game, probably the only video game I have ever played that made me think videogames could be a medium for compelling stories.

Pros

Fantastic atmosphere

Loved the music

Somehow made QTEs fun

Great pacing, I was hooked from the very beginning.

I found Ethan to be a very compelling character

Cons

Did not like the Madison character, lines like "you go girl" show there is still a ways to go in videogame scripts.

Awkward walking controls

Clichéd "twist" ending. Plus other strange story details that didn't fit with the rest of the game close to the climax.

Overall 9.0

I really really enjoyed playing through Heavy Rain, best game I've played this gen by far.
9.75/10

For what is essentially a point and click adventure game fitted for a console, it doesn't live up to many of the greats to me, it's graphically pretty good, but I think games like Uncharted 2 look much better.  The story itself isn't great, it's like a crime thriller but not even a great one, it's got some twists that keeps it above being flat out average, but I dislike the pacing as it felt slow to me. 

The serious issues I had with the game was the spinning options that made it hard to clearly read, don't even know how that was supposed to get someone more into the game... and the fact that in some places they act like you can die but you can simply put down the controller and nothing bad will happen to them, there was a reason the creator said it loses it's effect if you play through the game twice cause you experiment with those things.  Oh and there were legit plotholes.

Personally I give it about a 6/10 just not my cup of tea at all but I do see the work that was attempted.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:

For what is essentially a point and click adventure game fitted for a console, it doesn't live up to many of the greats to me, it's graphically pretty good, but I think games like Uncharted 2 look much better.  The story itself isn't great, it's like a crime thriller but not even a great one, it's got some twists that keeps it above being flat out average, but I dislike the pacing as it felt slow to me. 

The serious issues I had with the game was the spinning options that made it hard to clearly read, don't even know how that was supposed to get someone more into the game... and the fact that in some places they act like you can die but you can simply put down the controller and nothing bad will happen to them, there was a reason the creator said it loses it's effect if you play through the game twice cause you experiment with those things.  Oh and there were legit plotholes.

Personally I give it about a 6/10 just not my cup of tea at all but I do see the work that was attempted.

That and to compensate for the 9.5s :p