By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Steam ID Thread

Kantor said:

I don't believe we have one of these on VGC - I checked in both PC discussion and online discussion.

Well, gaming can often be more enjoyable when you play online, and it can be difficult to find people who game on PC and use Steam. So, let's use this as a thread to share our Steam IDs and add each other.

Bolding your ID would make it much easier to see and find.

My steam ID: Kantor

even though you added me I cant see you as you are private :o

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network
cura said:

Steam ID: cura221

Any other Aussies on here and use steam, let me know. I like to play most types of games, and love multiplayer.

do you play civ? I play civ... I dont buy a lot from steam, i am stupid enough to go to dick smith/eb/jb :D

AussieGecko said:
cura said:

Steam ID: cura221

Any other Aussies on here and use steam, let me know. I like to play most types of games, and love multiplayer.

do you play civ? I play civ... I dont buy a lot from steam, i am stupid enough to go to dick smith/eb/jb :D

nah, it's on sale at the moment too but I already spent enough on games in the last few days. 

EDIT: Jb hifi have 20% off all videogames until Sunday...you can get some really good deals there.

cura said:

nah, it's on sale at the moment too but I already spent enough on games in the last few days. 

EDIT: Jb hifi have 20% off all videogames until Sunday...you can get some really good deals there.

So does dick smith, Australias game prices/ consoles are going down, in fact the 20percent in dse is actually gaming wide apparently. The dollar is actually starting to mean something wooo haa

AussieGecko said:
cura said:

So does dick smith, Australias game prices/ consoles are going down, in fact the 20percent in dse is actually gaming wide apparently. The dollar is actually starting to mean something wooo haa

It's still a lot cheaper to import, especially PC games.

Here is CIV 5 as an example: http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/sid-meiers-civilization-v-5-game-pc

Even on Steam's 40% sale, a UK retailer that offers free shipping to Australia still beat them by more than 20% on their standard non-sale price. The mark-up in Austrailia for games has been absurd for a long time now. And the excuse they use are weak at best. I import most of my game from the UK now since we share the same region and DLC works on the AU PSN without issue. A few game I get from US importers as it is even cheaper there despite the shipping.

Steam ID: mibuoakmi, I don't have a whole lot of game on it actually... never go steam until Left4Dead really

Around the Network
mibuokami said:

Here is CIV 5 as an example: http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/sid-meiers-civilization-v-5-game-pc

Even on Steam's 40% sale, a UK retailer that offers free shipping to Australia still beat them by more than 20% on their standard non-sale price. The mark-up in Austrailia for games has been absurd for a long time now. And the excuse they use are weak at best. I import most of my game from the UK now since we share the same region and DLC works on the AU PSN without issue. A few game I get from US importers as it is even cheaper there despite the shipping.

Steam ID: mibuoakmi, I don't have a whole lot of game on it actually... never go steam until Left4Dead really

Yeah but what about for example play-asia the importing costs are like 20dollars you may as well just buy a game from your nearest retail and pc games as far as i have seen them havent gone about 89.96 even when console games were 119.95 for some damn reason

edit: sorry for side tracking the thread, back to steam ids :D

AussieGecko said:
mibuokami said:

Yeah but what about for example play-asia the importing costs are like 20dollars you may as well just buy a game from your nearest retail and pc games as far as i have seen them havent gone about 89.96 even when console games were 119.95 for some damn reason

Importing most game cost around $10 on playasia, unless you want to get express shipping. But even with the $20 express shipping, it's still cheaper in many cases. I don't import game from Play-Asia much, they're generally my last resort as they retail at a more expensive price.

Online retailer from UK/Eu are generally far more cheaper. I pre-order BF3 for the PC at ozgameshop for $45.00 with free shipping. I got Shogun 2 for $42 (the limited edition) and it retails atm around $80.00. Generally, the saving for importing from Europe / UK is anywhere between 30-60% on Australian retail game.

Take Vanquish as another example. It retails around $70 in Australia. I got a copy for $28, it's brand new and there is virtually no difference other than a Pegi rating, and because I import I saved more than 65% off the Aus asking price.

Australia dollar is in virtual parity with the US, but we pay over 50% markup over most RRP retail price of games. Absurd!

mibuokami said:

Importing most game cost around $10 on playasia, unless you want to get express shipping. But even with the $20 express shipping, it's still cheaper in many cases. I don't import game from Play-Asia much, they're generally my last resort as they retail at a more expensive price.

Online retailer from UK/Eu are generally far more cheaper. I pre-order BF3 for the PC at ozgameshop for $45.00 with free shipping. I got Shogun 2 for $42 (the limited edition) and it retails atm around $80.00. Generally, the saving for importing from Europe / UK is anywhere between 30-60% on Australian retail game.

Take Vanquish as another example. It retails around $70 in Australia. I got a copy for $28, it's brand new and there is virtually no difference other than a Pegi rating, and because I import I saved more than 65% off the Aus asking price.

Australia dollar is in virtual parity with the US, but we pay over 50% markup over most RRP retail price of games. Absurd!

My only issue with importing is the time you have to wait for your game to arrive. Sometimes I'd just rather buy it at the shops and be able to play it day 1 rather than wait 2 weeks for the game to arrive. Never used a UK website but I have used playasia. Zavvi looks to be pretty good... I keep seeing all these great ps3 games for $20-30AU with free shipping. However, I don't buy them because I really can't stand waiting for the games to arrive. 

And well, steam sales are really great too. I'd always prefer to buy a pc game on steam rather than a physical copy. No chance of you losing it/selling it that way (which I'm prone too) and plus it's in the same place as all your other games. 

I would love to join in.

here's mine.

oh, and, I know I need some games.

can anyone actually write what their name is coz i aint gonna click a link to add people.