By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Gary's Mod pirate trap

ssj12 said:
Antabus said:
ssj12 said:
Antabus said:
ssj12 said:

Mine is 5 digit for anyone whe knows how Steam IDs work. =P

You are such a noob, 4 digits or less is the way to go.

4 and below are extremely difficult to earn.

Actually it was pretty easy, I just installed steam and got one.

they must have changed how steam ids work. Traditionally lower digit IDs are meant for the professionals who have played for a long ass time.

I've seen one and two digit steam ids sell for thousands.

Wtf are you talking about? Steam ID:s are always been distributed in order which you register. It has nothing to do with professionalism. You haven't seen one or two digit steam id:s being sold, because those went for Valve employees.

Around the Network
ghost_of_fazz said:

Now I'm interested on knowing my Steam ID :0

Just play cs and type status on console. :P

Kasz216 said:
naznatips said:
ssj12 said:

this type of anti-piracy measures i can get behind. Developer made ways to prevent and ban a user. Not some bs DRM system that screws your PC up.

Totally. Fighting piracy in ways that doesn't hurt legitimate buyers = win. 

Yeah.  Funny stuff really.  I find it weird though... how did people get the pirated game to work with Steam?

This confuses me.  Didn't know you could "Add" pirated games to your steam, i'd think you wouldn't want pirated games in your steam.

in order for Garry's Mod to work you need to own HL2 SDK.

Anfd users weren't banned from Steam, they were banned from the official garry's mod forums.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Antabus said:
ghost_of_fazz said:

Now I'm interested on knowing my Steam ID :0

Just play cs and type status on console. :P

Mine is 7 digit, I feel like such a n00b :(

richardhutnik said:

And we have a big DUH moment here.  If you pirate a game, don't expect to get tech support.

Some people are amazing. I once had a friend steal a SNES game from me. He denied ever stealing it but asked me for help on the game. Needless to say His sister swiped it back for me and I never talked to him again.

Around the Network

This is funny and awesome!