By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bulletstorm. Best FPS this gen. Yeah. I said it.

i strongly doubt it. But i am still to play. will pick it up later in the year 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Around the Network
LordMatrix said:
dsage01 said:

Are you serious!!! I played this at my freind's house and it is barely above an average shooter.

:Average shooter?  Not even close!  Haters gotta hate I guess.

You want to be a bit more specific? If it's not as good as killzone Halo or Call of duty, heck Crysis 2 for the matter so that makes it pretty much an average shooter.

Campaign was fun but way too short.

:Campaign lenth is not short. It is about 6-8 hours for most people. Play Homefront and then try telling me this campaign is short. This isn`t an rpg for crying out loud!

Multiplayer is way too repetitive, boring and buggy

: Didn`t play the multi but Anarchy mode is addictive as hell.

Anarchy mode was also buggy and pretty boring for.

Graphics were nothing special 

:The graphics are some of the best out there and the vistas are some of the most vivid.

The graphics were nothing like Killzone 3 or Crysis 2. Although there were some really good looking enviorments. 

I would say it hardly matches with games like Killzone, Halo and Call of Duty

: Sounds more like you follow only the casual shooter crowd.

Try playing Killzone 3, Halo Reach or any of the the COD games after Modern Warfare. If you played all those games and still like bulletstorm better me and you have a totally different taste.

: Quake, Doom, Crysis, Painkiller, Far Cry, Prey, Duke Nukem, FEAR, Battlefield, Wolfenstein.... the list goes on and on.

I can tell you are a casual when it comes to shooters.

Quake, Doom, Crysis Far cry, Fear and wolfenstine were amazing games but they don't make shooters like that anymore. Halo Killzone and Call of duty have amazing multiplayer no FPS have as good and creative online like those 3 now days.

No Hardcore praises Killzone, Halo or Call of Duty as the cream of the crop of shooter. They are just a few more of the good franchises out there.

I wouldn't call Killzone exatly casual but it is becoming more like Call of duty and Halo everyday. And those are the top 3 rated fps games now days. I am not comparing Bulletstorm with Quake a game that came in the 90's. It would be an unfair advantage to bulletstorm. If bulletstorm had something new like what Halo and Call of duty once had and Killzone now has I wouldn't be calling Bulletstorm an average FPS.

dsage01 said:
LordMatrix said:
dsage01 said:

Are you serious!!! I played this at my freind's house and it is barely above an average shooter.

:Average shooter?  Not even close!  Haters gotta hate I guess.

You want to be a bit more specific? If it's not as good as killzone Halo or Call of duty, heck Crysis 2 for the matter so that makes it pretty much an average shooter.

Campaign was fun but way too short.

:Campaign lenth is not short. It is about 6-8 hours for most people. Play Homefront and then try telling me this campaign is short. This isn`t an rpg for crying out loud!

Multiplayer is way too repetitive, boring and buggy

: Didn`t play the multi but Anarchy mode is addictive as hell.

Anarchy mode was also buggy and pretty boring for.

Graphics were nothing special 

:The graphics are some of the best out there and the vistas are some of the most vivid.

The graphics were nothing like Killzone 3 or Crysis 2. Although there were some really good looking enviorments. 

I would say it hardly matches with games like Killzone, Halo and Call of Duty

: Sounds more like you follow only the casual shooter crowd.

Try playing Killzone 3, Halo Reach or any of the the COD games after Modern Warfare. If you played all those games and still like bulletstorm better me and you have a totally different taste.

: Quake, Doom, Crysis, Painkiller, Far Cry, Prey, Duke Nukem, FEAR, Battlefield, Wolfenstein.... the list goes on and on.

I can tell you are a casual when it comes to shooters.

Quake, Doom, Crysis Far cry, Fear and wolfenstine were amazing games but they don't make shooters like that anymore. Halo Killzone and Call of duty have amazing multiplayer no FPS have as good and creative online like those 3 now days.

No Hardcore praises Killzone, Halo or Call of Duty as the cream of the crop of shooter. They are just a few more of the good franchises out there.

I wouldn't call Killzone exatly casual but it is becoming more like Call of duty and Halo everyday. And those are the top 3 rated fps games now days. I am not comparing Bulletstorm with Quake a game that came in the 90's. It would be an unfair advantage to bulletstorm. If bulletstorm had something new like what Halo and Call of duty once had and Killzone now has I wouldn't be calling Bulletstorm an average FPS.

at some point you must think to yourself that 140 characters may be a goal

Aldro said:

It's Selnor guys, let him do his thaang. Was Crysis 2, now its BulletStorm, according to the rumors, the next game is GeoW3.

then forza 4 :P

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

ok lets start. bulletstorm is the worst shooter i played in my life. i only did play the demo, but i watched many playthroughs. first of all yes the game is innovative, but they approached it in a way that it looks cool so it would appeal to kids. they could have made the gameplay fun and more serious at the same time, by making you think beofore going in guns blazing, by making some enemies only killable by using a certain weapon, and by making it first a good shooter withought the powers and the combos, and then chaning it. then their is the disturbing dialogue which isn't funny at all.  and then theirs the length of the game.

also after playing the demo twice the game felt very repetitive.

Around the Network

I'm going to go rent it tonight despite disliking the demo, if I am not entertained and if it is anything short of amazing, then I am going to get pissed off. You tricked me before VGChartz, your Crysis 2 hollering of 'Best game EVA!' got me, but I'm giving you guys one more chance, if your wrong, then I think I'll go back to avoiding games that look horrible on first impressions.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

zgamer5 said:

ok lets start. bulletstorm is the worst shooter i played in my life. i only did play the demo, but i watched many playthroughs. first of all yes the game is innovative, but they approached it in a way that it looks cool so it would appeal to kids. they could have made the gameplay fun and more serious at the same time, by making you think beofore going in guns blazing, by making some enemies only killable by using a certain weapon, and by making it first a good shooter withought the powers and the combos, and then chaning it. then their is the disturbing dialogue which isn't funny at all.  and then theirs the length of the game.

Dude, you haven't played enough shooters then, I may not like Bulletstorm (judging from the demo), but it's far from being the worst. Maybe give Turning Point: Fall of Liberty or Legendary a try, I'm sure you'll change your stance on what an actual 'bad' game is.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

Doobie_wop said:
zgamer5 said:

Dude, you haven't played enough shooters then, I may not like Bulletstorm (judging from the demo), but it's far from being the worst. Maybe give Turning Point: Fall of Liberty or Legendary a try, I'm sure you'll change your stance on what an actual 'bad' game is.

zgamer5 said:
Doobie_wop said:
zgamer5 said:

ok then its the worst shooter ive ever played.

That made no sense at all. It's not the worst anything ever made, unless we start comparing games to toasters, in which case I highly doubt Bulletstorm will do a very good job at crisping up my crumpets.

Doobie_wop said:
zgamer5 said:
Doobie_wop said:
zgamer5 said:

ok then its the worst shooter ive ever played.

That made no sense at all. It's not the worst anything ever made, unless we start comparing games to toasters, in which case I highly doubt Bulletstorm will do a very good job a crisping up my crumpets.

yeah, i just realized it :P.

its not the worst ever made. but from all the shooters ive played its the worst. and no i dont play lots of shooters.