By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - AUSTRALIAS OFFICIAL 3DS THREAD

- Opinions on the system, the 3D effect, and your headaches ( please note if you were drinking before use)

- Games you bought, you want, you hate.

- Friendcodes - post em

I just got mine right after midnight here in Melbourne, with SSF4, its pretty damn cool to finally own one.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

just picked mine up from harvey norman it wasn't even on display just about to leave after buying the move sharp shooter when i noticed a sales guy i know, i asked him if they had it in he said yes in the store room but they hadn't been able to put the machines and the games out because they where short staffed and 2 staff had to stay on the floor.  He then took me into the store room to go through the boxes to pick a colour i liked and look at the games.

He gave me a good deal  the 3DS, and need for speed plus a accessory pack for  $322.

$350 AU dollars for a 3DS compared to $250 US when our dollar is closing in on a 1.04 US dollars stinks when nintendo was questioned they sent out a press release and it was just a list of the 3DS's features implying we where paying 350 for all those features , NEWSFLASH the rest of the world gets those features too , and it is no good stating our population size because  (A)we are seen as part of Europe  (B) we  where already paying over the odds before our dollar increased.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

good deal, Big W apparently are selling ALL games for $48 today.

I got a Dick Smith preorder, with Rabbids 3D, for $298 (gonna ebay the game). But couldn't be bothered waiting last night, so i went to Kmart and got SSF4 and black 3DS for $343 (they matched Targets advertised $55 game price).

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Got mine from JB. No games yet. It's soooooo shiny @_@ and sparkly. Nice looking device. Feels solid as fuck too. The UI is Nintendo's best yet. 3D is impressive. Face Raiders... lol. I've yet to try out the AR Games because the system is currently charging and will be for another few hours ;_;

A- for hardware.

Hardware is fantastic, the OS is much better than I expected from Nintendo and the built in titles have a surprising amount of depth to them. I've got Ghost Recon Shadow Wars which I'm not enjoying all that much sadly.. Can't wait for the second half of the year, games, games, games!

Would have been good if the eStore was available day one.. Also missing the internet channel with Youtbe 3D support! One can hope right?

Around the Network

Got mine today. It was basically sold out everywhere.

Bought Ghost Recon, and I'm really enoying it because as a fan of turn based gaming from the table top to the digital world its really up my alley.

The hardware is really nice and polished, it feels a huge step forward compared to the DS phat that I own.

The 3d is very intuitive but gives me a headache even at the lowest setting after a white. But the 2d setting is perfectly fine regardless.

The AR games are quite an achievement, really blew we away that the technology could do that.

WIll probably buy Rigde Racer next, then Pilot Wings when its released.

FaRmLaNd said:

Got mine today. It was basically sold out everywhere.

Yeah, I heard this quite a bit already. When I picked up mine on release night at Kmart Burwood they told me they had only 12 consoles (half black/blue). Want to know how many sold right after midnight? 7

Jbhifi Swanstone St told me they only got 20 in. Big W online sold out 24hrs before launch.

Im thinking Nintendo spread the few consoles Australia got across many retailers, and thats why theres been so few at each store.