By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts - Week 12

donsterydo2 said:

Killzone 3, Yakuza and LBP2 =/= 10 exclusives LOL

Wow your one funny dude.

Killzone 3, LBP2, MLB: The Show 11, Yakuza 4, DC Universe Online, Hyper Dimension Neptunia, Trinity: Souls of O'll Zill, Ar Tonelico Qoga, Mass Effect 2, Playstation Move Heroes, Disgae 4 and I'm sure I can probably scrape together a few more. Some of those aren't big sellers, but they do split the audience bit by bit. Not including the additional GT5 numbers that have been accumalated since the beginning of the year, the release of Mass Effect 2 or any HD packs, PS3 gamers have bought around 3.13 million units that are exclusive, I think that can explain why a few multi-platform titles may skew to the 360 in terms of sales this year and I'm sure it'll continue on until the second half of the year. 

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network
Doobie_wop said:
donsterydo2 said:

Wow your one funny dude.

Killzone 3, LBP2, MLB: The Show 11, Yakuza 4, DC Universe Online, Hyper Dimension Neptunia, Trinity: Souls of O'll Zill, Ar Tonelico Qoga, Mass Effect 2, Playstation Move Heroes, Disgae 4 and I'm sure I can probably scrape together a few more. Some of those aren't big sellers, but they do split the audience bit by bit. Not including the additional GT5 numbers that have been accumalated since the beginning of the year, the release of Mass Effect 2 or any HD packs, PS3 gamers have bought around 3.13 million units that are exclusive, I think that can explain why a few multi-platform titles may skew to the 360 in terms of sales this year and I'm sure it'll continue on until the second half of the year. 

This is one funny list you got there :D And which of those games actually SELL more than a bad DLC :p ?

kowenicki said:
Doobie_wop said:
donsterydo2 said:

Wow your one funny dude.

This is the PAL charts... most of those titles hardly even registered on it (if at all).  

Indeed only the first two of them sold anything worth mentioning and one of those has already vanished from the Top 40 in the UK.  The rest of your list... well... you are just reaching.

Meh, I made my point. When you've got a few more games to choose from, then it's likely that your going to have to skip out on a few. Along with the points I made in my first post, I think I made a reasonable argument.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

donsterydo2 said:
Doobie_wop said:
donsterydo2 said:

Wow your one funny dude.

This is one funny list you got there :D And which of those games actually SELL more than a bad DLC :p ?

So your just being silly and you haven't got a reasonable argument to back up your first quote. I recommend trying to make a point instead of attempting to be some sort of comedian, the role doesn't suit the unfunny.

Only 6 X360 games in the UK top 40. O_O

Is that the first time?

Around the Network
donsterydo2 said:

Again huge difference in favor of X360 (Crysis 2). It was the same with TDU2, Dragon Age 2, Homefront, Bulletstorm etc. Don't shit me with "because of Killzone 3" again because the game didn't sell THAT good.

why is this so surprising to you or anyone else?  This has been going on for years in the UK. While you keep looking for things that worthless, you fail to realize there is not one exclusive 360 games in the top 40, not one. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

lol at Crysis UK pc sales

kowenicki said:
psrock said:
donsterydo2 said:

Again huge difference in favor of X360 (Crysis 2). It was the same with TDU2, Dragon Age 2, Homefront, Bulletstorm etc. Don't shit me with "because of Killzone 3" again because the game didn't sell THAT good.

why is this so surprising to you or anyone else?  This has been going on for years in the UK. While you keep looking for things that worthless, you fail to realize there is not one exclusive 360 games in the top 40, not one. 

Except kinect adventures probably would be of course...

but I take your point.

and only 1 PS3 exclusive... poor all round isnt it.

Very poor, and who keeps buying Homefront? 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
kowenicki said:
Doobie_wop said:
kowenicki said:
Doobie_wop said:
donsterydo2 said:

Wow your one funny dude.

This is the PAL charts... most of those titles hardly even registered on it (if at all).  

Indeed only the first two of them sold anything worth mentioning and one of those has already vanished from the Top 40 in the UK.  The rest of your list... well... you are just reaching.

Meh, I made my point. When you've got a few more games to choose from, then it's likely that your going to have to skip out on a few. Along with the points I made in my first post, I think I made a reasonable argument.

No you didnt...

Indeed I can take your own arguement and use it against you... this year so far I would bet that the 360 has sold a similar number of exclusive games that the PS3 has...  Kinect alone pretty much seals that deal.

And dont say Kinect doesnt count... if "Hyper Dimension Neptunia" EMEAA: (6000 copies in its first 3 weeks) and Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll (not even available in EMEAA??), Disgae 4?? Yakuza 4?? Ar Tonelico (all 3 not out here yet) count then so does anything...

What Kinect titles have released this year? The only one I could find was Body and Brain connection and that only sold 30,000 units. I'm sorry if I've missed out on any, but VG Releases and the Team Xbox site didn't have any Kinect titles listed.

Just in case you got confused, I didn't add the GT5 numbers to the 3.13 million number I got and if also got rid of the Americas and Japan, the amount of exclusive units sold is still around the 1.05 million mark. With the differences between the sales of multi-platform titles in EMEAA being as small as 30,000 units or as high as 70,000 units, then I think the PS3 exclusives that have been released this year have made an impact on multi-platoform titles on the PS3. 

You add in the other reasons that I listed in my first post and I think you have a reasonable answer as to why a few multi-platform titles aren't selling on par with their 360 counterparts in that part of the world.

donsterydo2 said:

I don't know why you make such a big thing out of it. FPSs and WRPGs sell better on 360 anyway, so that explains already 4 of the 5 games you listed. That the difference is a bit bigger than usually has several reasons (some have been listed by Doobie_wop, but I don't agree with all of them). The only real surprise is TDU2 because racing games normally sell better on PS3...

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3