By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sales Observations 12/21 (US)

My younger brother just turned 16 and he wanted to go fill out one of those computer application they have set up in the front of Target. So I dropped him off and then went to the Best Buy next door, then went to Target.

Hardware-

PSP- Best Buy had about 12-15 mostly Daxter packs, but a few Battlefronts were in there too. While I was shopping a man came in and bought one for his daughter and son(2 total) one Daxter one Battlefront. Target had 4 PSP, but no one even looked at them the whole time I was there.

PS3- The Massive Square of 75-100 PS3's at BB were actually missing about 5-6 spots meaning a fe had been sold, I did not check to see if they were 40 or 80GB. Target had a full shelf, with who knows how many in the back. No purchases of either while I loitered around.

360- BB had more stock than I had seen in recent weeks, and shockingly had 6 Elites. There were 25-30 Arcades and a few pros on the shelves(9 maybe) Target's glass shelves were packed and they also had Elites, 3 of them. I hope that all the extra stock lying around on a friday night had more to do with MS giving a supply boost than falling demand, but I guess we will find out soon enough.

Wii- Sold out(duh)

DS- SOLD OUT!!! Both store had ZIP, Nothing Nada.... No pink no nothing. LOL @ Reggie for thinking they made enough for the Holidays (then again no sane business would predict 10 million sold in 2 months)

Software-

PS3, PSP and 360- All three were well stocked so it would be boring to go further into this. But I will mention I saw plenty of Uncharted and Halo 3-    Mass Effect however looked to selling well... And whoever said UT3 was supply choked was not referring to where I live- BB had 14, Even target had 9 or 10

DS- The DS software area at BB looked like a Ghost Town... They could have condensed the 4 shelves on 2 easily. They still had most games in stock at BB but only a few of each almost no Phantom Hourglass. MP DS was sold out completely at BB and Target I was really suprised by this, they had a DS lite kiosk with MP DS playing in it and I saw a couple of kids playing it then begging there parent for them (thankfully for the parents there were none). At Target some games were sparse some were well stocked only games I notice that were sold out were, NSBM, MP DS, Nintendogs... yes nintendogs was GONE. Not much else to report here except a lot of people were browsing and buying DS games. (gotta mention some people were pissed that DS was sold out, they were going to settle on DS because they gave up on the Wii... kinda funny and sad at the same time)

Wii- Now this was interest I am gonna break down a few key titles then do a conclusion

Mario and Sonic- Want M&S? good luck sold out at Best Buy, 1 fricken copy at Target, and it was not even it its right spot. it was face down on the floor of the shelf. I am quite shocked that it has run dry... Who would have thought... well besides Sega, LOL

Mario Galaxy- Best Buy actually had a decent Stock of them I'd say maybe 15. Target on the other had was out- this is the same target I went to 1.5 weeks ago and they had like 80 of them. I asked a worker about it and he said that when they recieved 110 Wii's sunday SMG, All Accecories(cept classic controller) left the building. He said tomorrow morning they are getting a butt load of accessories.

Zelda: TP- Who would have thunk it, I year after release and becoming scarce again : ). Best Buy had 2, down from 12-15 on Tuesday... Target had 3- did not even check it last time I went...

Ok so now I covered a few major games I am gonna run through a few a list of other things I noticed.

Sold Out Games(at either target or BB)-    The Bigs, Call of Duty 3, MoHH2, SMG, M&S, Zapper(LCT), RE4, MP3, GHIII, DDR:HP, WarioWare, WiiPlay, and WiiSports(LOL)- Most likely there were more, but I did not have a checksheet or anything.

Let me make this clear EVERY Wii Game was in low supply at both stores, Target was worse but BB was very Sparse also. The only game that was WELL supplied at either store was Lego Star Wars at BB, they had about 25 of them. In fact target was sooooooo bad that they had condensed 3 of there Wii shelves in ONE, that is right there were 2 empty shelves!! The only shelf they had even had a few empty spots in it (the one with M&S laying face down). I am guessing the 110 Wii's on sunday had something to do with this... But it was incredible. BB was almost as bad, although shocking when I got there, there were 11 zappers(there were 6 by the time I went home). The place looked like a tornado hit it, those platic white thing they put behind the games with the price on it were laying on there sides with nothing in front of it most spots had 1 or 2 games then and were facing forward. Even Z&W only had 1 copy left(which I tried to get someone to buy ; p)

I really don't know if Nintendo forgot to ship games or they are going like mad but it was surreal...

Ok short story of me help Damsel in distress (soccer mom looking for Wii game for 6 year old son and 4 year old daughter)

I am looking over the mess that was the Wii section at target and a lady just randomly ask me what was a good to buy for Wii. Of course I was more than happy to oblige. She told me here kids ages and said she had already boughten them M&S, Carnival Games, and SMG. I told her she should take back the Carnival games and get RRR2 or MP8(she eventually got MP8). She then asked what accessories were the "new" thing I quickly told her to get her butt down to Best Buy(next Door) and get a Wii Zapper(I had just come from there) for they were hard to find and pretty fricken awsome and her kids would like it(not exactly in those words). She then left. My bro finished his application about this time(took him 45 min)  and he said he wanted to go to BB, that is where the car was parked so we went. I was watching him play SMG when the lady showed up, she seemed happy to see me because she seemed lost(not to mention she is a MILF).

She got a Wii Zapper, and I took her to RRR2 and MP8 and she thought they would like both but decided to go with Mario Party(safe bet right) she then Watched my brother play SMG for a min and asked me if I thought the game would be too hard for her kids, I told her when I was there I age I would have loved it so she seemed satisfied. But, I took her to Z&W and said that it was a great game and her kids should like it. She looked at the back and like the art style, she also like the part she read about solving puzzles(good mom, wants her kids to use there heads...lol) and when she saw the price she decided to get Z&W also!! She left With MP8 and Z&W in here hands. She had SMG, CG, and M&S at home. I am not sure if she is taking back CG or not... anyways end of story, I she left happy, I felt good about myself and Z & W is sold out at my BB thanks to ME : )

whew long topic... had alot to say...  

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

Question. How do you know she was a MILF?

"Why isn't samus in a mario kart game?"

One time when I was at EB Games waiting on someone else in the mall, similar occurences happened (it was Black Friday or the day after I think). I was just looking at the wii game shelf just to see if there's anything interesting to look into and a bunch of families came in looking for games.

Most were clueless on what they wanted and I pointed SMG as the game to get (it had just came out) and also pointed out that ToysRUs was having the buy 2 get 1 free sale in a day and to go for that instead (I hate gamestop nowadays).

Its amazing how much games like Petz or movie licenses can influence small kids into getting a game. Thats partly why I completely support Nintendo using mario on its spinoff games like its sports games. At the very least, they indicate that the games are quality unlike pretty much all other licensed games for the clueless buyers. Would you rather a kid pick up Mario Strikers or Spiderman 3? You just can't expect everyone to have the time or inclination to do a lot of research on gaming, people that come to this site to look up game sales are a HUGE minority.

@plzdontbanme

she was hot and a mom... do you not know what MILF means?

(prays

psn- tokila

@plzdontbanme

(prays GF

psn- tokila

Around the Network

@plzdontbanme

(prays GF does

psn- tokila

@plzdontbanme

(prays GF does not

psn- tokila

@plzdontbanme

(prays GF does not read

OMG that was soooo wierd.... it posted as I typed so each pst had more words in it!!

psn- tokila

um.... Quintuple post erm... Is that a record?

psn- tokila

Wow. She must've been pretty hot for you to feel the need to post that five times!