By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I won a gaming console which should I get??

So I won a gaming console from work at my christmas party.

Here's the exact phrasing in the letter I received -

Congratulations!
You have won a Gaming System and Games
Or $500 towards the purchase of your choice
Make your purchase and bring in your receipt and we will reimburse you in January

Now here are my questions...

A) are they expecting me to only spend $500??? A PS3 80 gig or 360 Elite + 2 games + tax = $712!! CAD

B) What should I get?? A 360 Elite ( I own a Premium, but its an old one without HDMI), a Wii , or a PS3??

After reading Bod's post about getting a PS3 for $200, I thought that I would of jumped on that also if I was in his shoes.. but now I actually have the chance to get a free PS3... but should I get a Wii instead??

Wii's are going to get most of the exclusives, and all the port from PS3 will come to 360... So I should get a Wii... but if I got a PS3 then i could play Blu Ray's, and I would be able to play all the old PS2 games I always wanted to play.

But I have an old 360 and the stupid thing won't RRoD on me.. how am I suppose to get a new 360 replacement with an HDMI output if the old one won't die one me??

BAH!!!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

you already own a xbox 360 so that is pointless

exclusive ps3 game vs exclusive wii games

what do you like more

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

You dont seem to like PS3 that is my expression of you. Sell your old 360, get 360 Elite and a Wii. Are you sure you have won for real?

It all depends on what you want in a games console. If you enjoy the 360, and the games on that more than you would the games on the Wii then Id get a PS3 considering the exclusives out already such as Warhawk, Resistance, R&C, Uncharted and the exclusives coming next year like MGS4 and GT5. Plus as youve already mentioned you get benefits of blu-ray etc.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Tough call. I would go for the Wii but the PS3 is a nice choice also.

If you have an HDTV and a lot of PS2 games you still want to play, I might flip for the PS3 instead.

In any case, congrats.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Get the ps3 if money isnt the problem =)

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Wow, that's really cool...I would have to go with the ps3 since you're getting $500...that would be hard to pass up. You can still purchase the wii down the road for $250...then you're one of the elite that has all 3 consoles. The blu-ray is nice to for making it your home entertainment media hub.

Definitely no point of getting the 360 since you already have one.  Spread it out so you can experience more exclusives. 

Well, I now only have access to a PS3 & 360...Plan on buying a wii soon (lol, if I can ever find one available!) but will probably wait until some of the major RPG's come out like Dragon Quest & Tales, etc.

Anyhow, I'm so far behind in games to play that I'm not in a huge hurry (lol, haven't even gotten a chance to finish God of War II yet!) 

Yojimbo said:
You dont seem to like PS3 that is my expression of you. Sell your old 360, get 360 Elite and a Wii. Are you sure you have won for real?

Yeah its real, its end of the year prizes given by the company. Others won the same prizes, and also Ipod Touchs where being given out.

The problem with the PS3 is that theirs no games out that I want. FFXIII is the only game I would like to play, and its not coming out till 2009. Honestly if I got the PS3, then I would only purchase PS2 games.  Oh and Warhawk.. that looks cool. Everything else on the PS3 (Lair, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, UT III) doesn't interest me one bit.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

@gebx

get the wii.

mM
gebx said:
Yojimbo said:

Yeah its real, its end of the year prizes given by the company. Others won the same prizes, and also Ipod Touchs where being given out.

The problem with the PS3 is that theirs no games out that I want. FFXIII is the only game I would like to play, and its not coming out till 2009. Honestly if I got the PS3, then I would only purchase PS2 games. Oh and Warhawk.. that looks cool. Everything else on the PS3 (Lair, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, UT III) doesn't interest me one bit.

If pretty much NON of the PS3's exclusives interest you Im having trouble understanding why you even own a 360, both consoles have exclusives in similar genres.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey.