By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN: Homefront Review

About what I kind of figured it would be around...Definitely a rent game.

Around the Network

IMHO the game looks like your average shooter. A score of 7 is fine for a game that is just average

ethomaz said:
osamanobama said:
ethomaz said:

After...

Gran Turismo - 8.5
Killzone 3 - 8.5
LittleBigPlanet - 9.0

Anyone expect better score from IGN?

but they did give halo reach 9.5 (ign Uk gave it a 10) thats like the last game theyve ranked high

That's before GT5 ;)... now IGN not give more high scores.

It started with Reach. All gaming sites started to review games harshly starting with Reach not GT5.  Fable 3 and Fallout new vegas all got low review scores and they came out before GT5.

I dont know why you ps3 fanboys think IGN has some sort of  vendetta agianst ps3 and its games ? Maybe you should stop and realize that maybe the games got the score they so rightfully deserve? Because honestly Killzone 3 and GT5 were failures ( please dont result in a ban for saying the truth).

They got the reviews they deserve and their meta scores are basically the exact same thing as IGN scores so IGN is not agianst you guys.

Anyways Homefront has a lot a of issues, the game is short, the AI is really dumb, and the gameplay is nothing new. It got a 7 and i think IGN gave it the right score, i dont want them to overrate games, which could cause me to waste 60 bucks.

CGI-Quality said:
AppleHater said:
ethomaz said:
osamanobama said:
ethomaz said:

After...

Gran Turismo - 8.5
Killzone 3 - 8.5
LittleBigPlanet - 9.0

but they did give halo reach 9.5 (ign Uk gave it a 10) thats like the last game theyve ranked high

It started with Reach. All gaming sites started to review games harshly starting with Reach not GT5.  Fable 3 and Fallout new vegas all got low review scores and they came out before GT5.

I dont know why you ps3 fanboys think IGN has some sort of  vendetta agianst ps3 and its games ? Maybe you should stop and realize that maybe the games got the score they so rightfully deserve? Because honestly Killzone 3 and GT5 were failures ( please dont result in a ban for saying the truth).

They got the reviews they deserve and their meta scores are basically the exact same thing as IGN scores so IGN is not agianst you guys.

Anyways Homefront has a lot a of issues, the game is short, the AI is really dumb, and the gameplay is nothing new. It got a 7 and i think IGN gave it the right score, i dont want them to overrate games, which could cause me to waste 60 bucks.

Neither KZ3 nor GT5 were failures and try posting without insulting people.

Please bold the insults, cause i dont remeber insulting anyone. Is it because i called him a ps3 fanboy? Its not a insult since he is one. And yes killzone 3 and GT5 were failures in my eyes, Killzone 3 was suppose to get higher review scores than Reach with an amazing story, and great online. Only one thing actually turned out to be true, we all know which. GT5 was suppose to the game that put ps3 on top and be the highest rated race this gen. It did not do anything for ps3 and its reviews were bad anyway you look at it.

Please dont attack me I dont want to derail the thread or get banned.

AppleHater said:
ethomaz said:
osamanobama said:
ethomaz said:

After...

Gran Turismo - 8.5
Killzone 3 - 8.5
LittleBigPlanet - 9.0

when did this become an ign is anti sony.

we were merely stating that halo was pretty much the last game, ign has ranked high, which is true

are you an alt?

also how is KZ3 or GT5 failures? 85 and 84 meta's and over 7.5 million sold between them, thats hardly failure

Around the Network
AppleHater said:

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL... kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

That's so funny.

1) IGN down your score system after GT5... all games (not just PS3) are receiving lower scores.
2) IGN has nothing against PS3... just lowered your score.
3) GT5 failure? LOL explain that for over 6 million satisfied users.
4) KZ3 failure? LOL one of the best multiplayer this gen.

LOL LOL LOL

ethomaz said:
AppleHater said:

That's so funny.

1) IGN down your score system after GT5... all games (not just PS3) are receiving lower scores.

LOL LOL LOL

Ill just support him for the heck of it... After I got to level 30 in GT5 the game downright sucked balls after that and wasn't really that fun in the first place come to think of it. Then I sold it to amazon for $37.50 as a simulator (sort of) it was good. As a game thats supposed to be fun to play it was bad.

So not all of those 6 million people who bought it enjoyed it. Ever heard of a trade-in?

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

CGI-Quality said:
Chroniczaaa said:
ethomaz said:
AppleHater said:

That's so funny.

LOL LOL LOL

Ill just support him for the heck of it... After I got to level 30 in GT5 the game downright sucked balls after that and wasn't really that fun in the first place come to think of it. Then I sold it to amazon for $37.50 as a simulator (sort of) it was good. As a game thats supposed to be fun to play it was bad.

So not all of those 6 million people who bought it enjoyed it. Ever heard of a trade-in?

He called it a failure (and by failure, he meant reviews). Your bit was irrelevant.

That dude said that everyone who bought the game was satisfied with it and thats obviously not the case so i made little of a point but still a point.

I don't care about IGN's reviews. I'll try this game during the weekend.

Try Gamefly for a month and get another one free!

http://gamefly.tellapal.com/a/clk/406vc

CGI-Quality said:
Chroniczaaa said:

That dude said that everyone who bought the game was satisfied with it and thats obviously not the case so i made little of a point but still a point.

You had to have been a good deal satisfied to have played to level 30.

It was just average for a bit and then all the b-spec and a-spec grinding kind of drove me absolutely insane. especially redoing endurances just to level