By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario withdrawel symptoms :(

Im I alone in suffering withdrawel symtoms after having completely finished Super Mario Galaxy? For a start I havent played a game that I'd an urge to play again from the begining, the second I'd completed it, in such a long time. Even with Mario 64 I didnt play it for about five years Id first finished it, but with SMG, put simply I NEED MORE GALAXIES!!

Also the thought of paying for extra levels and stuff online fills me with dread and Im dead set against it but I think Id make an exception with Galaxy. Yes, I know Nintendo would never do it but I can hope cant I?

And on a little side note, did any of you just simply look forward to getting home from work or college or whatever just to play SMG?

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

Around the Network

Haven't played it yet, it's a Christmas gift, and so I'll be playing it on the 25th.
I have watched very little footage of this on-line, and am looking forward to playing through it.

I have five stars to go... Damn how I hate thinking about the fact that it is ending soon!

For your other question, I sure did. The day I received Galaxy (launch) was also the first day of my Matura exams... I was really looking forward to finish the test and go home playing a little. After the written exams were over, I had 3 weeks to prepare for the oral exams. Luckily I have a strong discipline, otherwise I'd probably have ended up playing Galaxy all the time instead of preparing. Now we are celebrating that we all passed the exams, tomorrow will be the last of four parties, and tomorrow will probably also be the day I finish SMG... I think this is not just coincedence!

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

azzer100 said:
Im I alone in suffering withdrawel symtoms after having completely finished Super Mario Galaxy? For a start I havent played a game that I'd an urge to play again from the begining, the second I'd completed it, in such a long time. Even with Mario 64 I didnt play it for about five years Id first finished it, but with SMG, put simply I NEED MORE GALAXIES!!

Also the thought of paying for extra levels and stuff online fills me with dread and Im dead set against it but I think Id make an exception with Galaxy. Yes, I know Nintendo would never do it but I can hope cant I?

And on a little side note, did any of you just simply look forward to getting home from work or college or whatever just to play SMG?

No.  No.  Yes.

I felt this way when I finished Zelda: TP.  It's been odd with Nintendo games lately.  When I start the games, they seem a little slow.  It's almost as if I'm disappointed.  But as time goes on the games seem to get better and better and better.   This has been the case with Zelda, Metroid and Mario. 

By the time I get to the end of each I'm enjoying them so much I hate the idea of them ending.  That's a good problem to have, though.  There's nothing worse than a game that starts out great and ends up getting boring.

Around the Network

My bro doesn't want to play TP because he thinks is slow and boring, I thought the same the first 20 min, but then, bump, I totally love it..

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Quick Q... Is Super Mario Galaxy shorter or longer than Super Mario 64?

I just remember Mario 64 being hard and long as hell but then again I was only 7 or 8 when I played it lol.

Me: Even if you think you like me... You Don't! It's just that simple. I can be the bigger man and accept Xbox 360 may have some good games but screw their Hardware to HELL!!! F*** the RROD!!! Me: I'm not a fan boy :D. I just choose to hate everything Micro$oft and I love being immature! Can't wait to talk to you! Aesop: It is easy to be brave from a safe distance. Aesop: We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. Me: STFU... I'm eating tacos....... I reverse...... yea! Predictions for 2008 Coming Soon!!!

Nanaki XII said:

I just remember Mario 64 being hard and long as hell but then again I was only 7 or 8 when I played it lol.

IMHO it's a shorter game.  I spent a lot of time in Super Mario 64 looking for stars whereas Super Mario Galaxy feels like it does everything but draw you a map to the star.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Nanaki XII said:

IMHO it's a shorter game. I spent a lot of time in Super Mario 64 looking for stars whereas Super Mario Galaxy feels like it does everything but draw you a map to the star.

Dammit!!! I hope it doesn't ruin reply value once I buy it cause usually I can play Mario games over hundreds of times with the exception of the RPG Mario games (excluding Mario RPG LotSS).

I guess they made Galexy more kid friendly. Ohh well I'm still gonna buy it if I didn't get it for Christmas :) 

Me: Even if you think you like me... You Don't! It's just that simple. I can be the bigger man and accept Xbox 360 may have some good games but screw their Hardware to HELL!!! F*** the RROD!!! Me: I'm not a fan boy :D. I just choose to hate everything Micro$oft and I love being immature! Can't wait to talk to you! Aesop: It is easy to be brave from a safe distance. Aesop: We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. Me: STFU... I'm eating tacos....... I reverse...... yea! Predictions for 2008 Coming Soon!!!

SMG feels much more like a traditional 2d mario game in 3d that mario64 does, which is better IMHO

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend