By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Talk about the area in which you live.

I live in Winchester, Hampshire in the U.K.  It's among the most middle class affluent areas in the U.K.  Our city has the largest Norman Cathedral in the U.K.  

There is a local legend that the city was rarely bombed in the 2nd World War (unlike other historic cathedral cities like Coventry, Worcester, Canterbury and the like) due to the fact that Hitler wished to be to proclaimed rule of the British Isles in both Wincester Cathedral and Westminster Abbey, in the same way William the Conqueror was coronated in both in 1066 (the last sucessful invasion of the British Isles).  It's debatable how much truth there is in that story, but Winchester has little bomb damage from the war.

We were named the 'best place to live in the U.K' back several years ago and King Arthur's round table resides here as well.

Around the Network

I live in Northwest Houston, TX. Houston is the 4th largest city in the US, we are also known as "Space City" b/c of NASA.

Houston has the Texas Medical Center, which is the world's largest concentration of research and healthcare institutions.

I live in a middle-class area, nice little neighborhood. It does get boring sometimes here,but, I can find something to do to keep me occupied. We have teams in the NFL, NBA, MLB, none of them are good,but, are getting better. We use to be the fattest city in the world and I use to be really fat myself. I use to 305 lbs and now I'm 209 lbs. We do eat a lot in the South b/c of Texas B.B.Q.   

I live in Minneapolis. Fantastic city for geek culture and I'd say it's one of the best in the US for cultivating the inner geek.

Pros: relatively small size compared to LA where I used to live, huge geek population (that's what happens when you put a bunch of white people in a place where it's cold for six months of the year), lots of cultural junk going on all the time, big enough to support four major sports teams

Cons: fuck, it's cold.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/