By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Firmware 3.60 is up!

I'm downloading it now :).

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:

They've added the option to have your controllers shut down after 20 or 30 minutes.  On the one hand, it won't shut down mid-show while watching Netflix anymore, but on the other hand, that's a lot of wasted battery power.

Huh? Wasn't this already an option...or were 20 and 30 minutes not available, because mine has always shut off after 10 minutes.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Baalzamon said:
makingmusic476 said:

They've added the option to have your controllers shut down after 20 or 30 minutes.  On the one hand, it won't shut down mid-show while watching Netflix anymore, but on the other hand, that's a lot of wasted battery power.

Huh? Wasn't this already an option...or were 20 and 30 minutes not available, because mine has always shut off after 10 minutes.

Before you only had the option to have them shut off or not shut off.  10 minutes was how long it took if that option was enabled.

makingmusic476 said:
Baalzamon said:
makingmusic476 said:

Before you only had the option to have them shut off or not shut off.  10 minutes was how long it took if that option was enabled.

Ahhh, well that's kinda cool, maybe I'll change it up when I'm having How I Met Your Mother marathons and don't want to turn the controller on for each new episode

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

When will the patch go up on the PSN website? Cause I like to use the pen drive to upgrade. It patches up pretty quickly that way.

Around the Network
mantlepiecek said:

When will the patch go up on the PSN website? Cause I like to use the pen drive to upgrade. It patches up pretty quickly that way.

Korean site has the fastest servers, probably due to their light load.  Direct link:

http://dkr01.ps3.update.playstation.net/update/ps3/image/kr/2011_0310_91ee193a2fa921a6fce780fc40236e3b/PS3UPDAT.PUP

makingmusic476 said:
mantlepiecek said:

Korean site has the fastest servers, probably due to their light load.  Direct link:

http://dkr01.ps3.update.playstation.net/update/ps3/image/kr/2011_0310_91ee193a2fa921a6fce780fc40236e3b/PS3UPDAT.PUP

Thank You veeery much. I used a different link though, but thanks.

OK I think I'm going to be officially miffed with Sony with what they've done recently. Please correct me if I'm wrong. And let me be clear, there was no compelling reason for me to sign up to PSN at the moment so now signing up for PSN just for cloud saving is not value for money for me.

If I want to back up my hard drive I have to:

1. delete all DLC

2. sign up to PSN

3. save all copyright protected game saves to the cloud

4. delete all copyright protected game saves off my HDD

(4a. Delete game data?)

5. run the HDD backup utility

6. re-download all DLC that I need/intend to use

7. retrieve my cloud saves back onto my HDD

8. let the PSN subscription run out

9. run through steps 1-8 whenever I want to back up my HDD or upgrade to a larger HDD.

Screw you Sony.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Dang double post.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

@binarysolo,

no you dont need to do all that, you can still back up your saves to any external drive just like before.

If you want to, you should sign up to psn, (dont know why you wouldnt) do you mean you havent signed up to be a plus member? because that is what you need to be to access the cloud which, at this point is just an added convenient way of backing up saves without the hassle of using a flash drive.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.